Home

Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #1817
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFurr29
I'm a PG, I usually have an A- or an A by halftime
umm congratulations i guess....

im just really bad at PG. i turn it over atleast 4 times a game because i try to force passes too much. i really only pass also, i shoot like 8 times a game, and im really bad at rebounding with guards. and im not the best on D. so pretty much when i play PG my only teamate grade comes from assists and good passes.

Last edited by Champion8877; 01-08-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #1818
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi guys. I just bought the game via Steam and downloading it right now. I havent followed the NBA that much over the last years but the MyPlayer mode and the reviews is what made me buy the game.

So here I am asking for some advice. Obviously I will try to get into MP Mode as quick as possible, however some practice matches will be needed to get a hang of it before starting a career. Of course, once i get started I would like to join the Spurs as they are my favorite team but i guess it depends on what position you play and what the team needs are. So is there some kind of overview what team has what needs? I would like to create SG or SF but also wouldnt mind some other position or playing for a team other than the Spurs but of course I would like to give me the best chance possible.

Furthermore, any other hints for a guy who hasnt played a B-ball video game since NBA Live 2000 or something?
Old 01-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #1819
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I got my PGs Shoot in Traffic to 90, FT to 80, Pass to 80. I will continue to boost FT and Pass to 85. Then probably boost Off Clutch.
I got my PFs Consistency to 85. I got his FT to 74. I will stop at 85. Then I will then boost Off Clutch and Off/Def AWR(since I sim alot). Then I can finally focus on Quickness.
In my 1st game played(simmed a few) as a Cav, it resulted in a 10pt win against POR. I had a good game(besides TOs), I had 24 pts, 12 rbs, 3 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal. I didnt have to shoot alot. Irving had over 18pts. Sessions had over 12. Even though we shut them to under 85, we are an offensive team. Me, Irving, Sessions, Dudley, Speights, Jamison. If we take good shots, we can score with anyone. We arent one-dimenisional. We have guys that can score 3s, guys that can shoot mid, and guys that can score around paint. Since we dont have much depth at BIG, I play alot of center. I am at the point where I can focus on winning games, not improving ratings. I will play alot of the games and not sim as much.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #1820
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
Also, I think you pause, go to controller settings (Or some type of settings, not that many options so it's easy to find) and turn Playvision to Full and playcalling to Auto, and playcall messages to show all. Although, you will run the same plays all the time (They're basically plays for your player). One of these is SAS 2 Go if you're a PG, from what I remember.

Hope I explained it well enough.

These settings have no bearing on MyPlayer mode. I've tried every different combination of the Playvision settings and none of them are valid during MP.

Ofc, again the Wii may be the culprit for this problem.

(quick edit: That option menu isn't even in the MP section, it's on the main menu under Coach settings)

Last edited by JWardAz; 01-08-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #1821
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWardAz
These settings have no bearing on MyPlayer mode. I've tried every different combination of the Playvision settings and none of them are valid during MP.

Ofc, again the Wii may be the culprit for this problem.

(quick edit: That option menu isn't even in the MP section, it's on the main menu under MyNBA settings)
umm yes all the play settings can be changed in the my player menus or even during the game in my player. must be because your on the Wii, on 360 you can change everything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #1822
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
umm yes all the play settings can be changed in the my player menus or even during the game in my player. must be because your on the Wii, on 360 you can change everything
Yea, has to be a Wii thing. There is only one option menu for me in MP, and that has to do with shot-stick timing, feet, inches, shot camera, etc.

In-game my only options are to save & quit, sim till end, or quit.

Takes me back to my rant about how in the world the Wii version was almost 20 dollars more and has 75% less content -_-
Old 01-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #1823
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
umm congratulations i guess....

im just really bad at PG. i turn it over atleast 4 times a game because i try to force passes too much. i really only pass also, i shoot like 8 times a game, and im really bad at rebounding with guards. and im not the best on D. so pretty much when i play PG my only teamate grade comes from assists and good passes.
Try playing within yourself on offense. Depending on how long you play games, in terms of quarter length, you have plenty of time to build your teammate grade. Unless your a pas-first PG, you wont be very good at it until you raise the rating, so just make passes you know you can make. Try as few alley-oops as possible, and resist trying to lead pass unless there's a clear lane.

It's pretty easy to rebound w/ guards once you get the hang of it; just run to the hole every time they shoot, and you should pick up at least 3 rebounds a game.

On defense, make sure you stay in front of your guy when he doesn't have the ball. The great thing about playing PG is that most PGs in the league aren't the team's primary scorers, but even if they score, it's worse if you just give up easy baskets by sagging off. As long as you play good defense, you'll still be rewarded eventually, even if the guy has better offense.

Just pick your spots on offense and defense, and stay composed and in front of your man. It's easy to feel like you have to force things since your handling the ball, but as long as you play within yourself, and do little things like setting random picks as much as possible, you'll raise your grade.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #1824
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Created my SG. Went to the Bobcats 9th overall. First game of the season I put in 21 points and grabbed 3 boards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »