Home

NBA 2K12 Reviewer: My Player, More Modes Impressions!

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Reviewer: My Player, More Modes Impressions! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
2k animations r gettin stale. I hate to complain so much because this is way better than 2k11 tho
Old 10-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #10
Rookie

houstonsportsfan's Arena

OVR: 1
that's it that settles it i am not buying this game, i'll just buy something else.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #11
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonsportsfan
that's it that settles it i am not buying this game, i'll just buy something else.
I'd still get it, because the positives outweigh the negatives by a long shot... but maybe wait til the first patch comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonsportsfan
Yea wait til the first patch bro
Old 10-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 12
thanks for you honesty Dustin, outside of 'the greatest' mode, this game has broken my heart and left me in a gamer depression. Most of the time, All i can think about are ways to improve 2k
Old 10-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #14
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giammajo
Thanks for the great write up, Dustin... But I have to disagree with you on the teammate grade in My Player. I've been averaging High B's to Low A's (All-Star Sim) as an all around PF. As long as I pick my spots and don't over commit on defense things seem to turn out well. Perhaps it's more difficult from different positions?
It might be. I'm playing against CP3 and Rose with low dribble and handle ratings, so TOs are almost a for sure thing right now. Plus I'm a pass first guy so I bank on my teammates making the shots for assists. But when I have Gortat driving the lane and Gordon chucking up everything, I'm running back on defense empty handed.

I just hate how I feel like I need to play it safe, rather than make things happen.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #15
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I've not run into the trade problem yet, I've only played the Rookie Showcase in My Player mode so far and it was Awesome! Got drafted by the Sixers I did. But I've not played a single game for them yet so I've not run into the trade problem. The Association mode is also what I play most of and it's still great I love the presentation this year and finally a full half time show all great. But the headlines are the worst part I've seen so far. They are littered with trade rumors and contract signings. While these are okay from time to time I really want to see headlines about games from the previous night like in 2K11. I've not seen a whole lot of trades happen so far in association but have been offered a couple. Both trades were rip-offs so I declined both. That's been my experience so far. overall pretty good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2
getting assists in this game are damn near impossible. 2k is suffering from the madden ULTIMATE LINEBACKER SYNDROME, where on ball defenders while guarding the ball can intercept my lead passes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »