Home

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Released (PS3) - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Released (PS3) - Patch Notes within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #33
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Of course the (a?) Patch releases and I'm at work so I can't play it. This hour can't go by fast enough.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Released (PS3) - Patch Notes

After the last patch I had to turn my PS3 on in safe mode and Restore my File System to get the game to play so I tried that again and it's still freezing at those four players, but with the added bonus I can't even turn my system off once I Quit Game unless I unplug the system from the wall. Fantastic work 2K. The only way I can reset the system is to eject the disc; no matter how long I've held the power button it won't turn off or restart. Of course once I eject the disc it goes back to the main menu perfectly.

I'm so happy right now. -_-
Old 11-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 8

No changes to Online Association's scheduling? Blarrgh! It seems like one of those things that could be addressed in a smaller update like this so I was holding out hope it would be included.

I'm looking forward to the gameplay changes though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #36
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
After the last patch I had to turn my PS3 on in safe mode and Restore my File System to get the game to play so I tried that again and it's still freezing at those four players, but with the added bonus I can't even turn my system off once I Quit Game unless I unplug the system from the wall. Fantastic work 2K. The only way I can reset the system is to eject the disc; no matter how long I've held the power button it won't turn off or restart. Of course once I eject the disc it goes back to the main menu perfectly.

I'm so happy right now. -_-
I assume you have already but you should delete all NBA 2k 12 files and reinstall. That is save data, everything. Sounds like a corruption issue or something wrong with the disk where its getting hung up.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 10

Did all that with Sony support, who helped me fix issues after the last patch. After about 40 minutes they told me it's an issue with the patch that they know about and it's up to 2K to fix it. So I'm calling them now.

To clarify, after the past PS3 patch I deleted every bit of save data and nothing was resolved, I had to Resotre File System in safe mode which I didn't know about before calling Sony support. So I tried them again and we tried a lot more things before they put me on hold, researched the patch and said the patch has issues with certain systems. I'm calling 2K support to find out more but I've been on hold so far.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #38
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

Just played a game on My Player with my PG (currently in the playoffs).

The 3PT definitely has been toned down. Both teams shot 6-19 & 7-17 from beyond the arc, which is a huge improvement as my team would normally make 10+ 3pt per game.

In terms of stealing, if I think the steal rate has been toned down for the CPU, I only manage to cause 1 turnover, whereas during the playoffs, I was averaging 5.4 TOPG.

Overall, it is definitely a little harder to score with all the 3pt being toned down and other issues yet to be address (e.g., bumping, blocking, etc.). But in a way, it feels a bit more realistic now.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
Any idea when this may hit PC??
janurary or feburary if lucky!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #40
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

passing is better, for the cpu. all the annoyances with passing, like psychic defenders and stupid situational passes are still there. except now its one sided. shooting is definitely toned down, on 3pt and escape dribbles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »