Home

What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?

This is a discussion on What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?
0-25% 46 62.16%
25-50% 10 13.51%
50-75% 7 9.46%
75-100% 11 14.86%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?

I'd play a lot more of the classic teams if they were unlocked from the start (or there was a code) or if you could play the Greatest Mode against another human not computer. Most of the time I play this with some friends so no one wants to watch someone play the comp
Old 02-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuglife74
honestly it's the only teams i play with, lol. also, the only present day teams i play against are the bulls, heat and lakers. being from chicago you can guess i enjoy playing with the various eras of bulls teams and what's fun about it is trying to emulate the different styles of play from those respected eras. a good example is constantly driving to the basket with early jordan, and utilizing mj's jumpers and fadeaways during the later years.

i think 2k did a great job with the classic teams, and also the classic mode. to be able to really appreciate them all i think you have to have grown up watching bball during the nba's golden era of the 80's and 90's (imo).

according to your poll it seems 75% of the people on here don't use classic teams much. goes to show you the majority of the heads here are youngsters. thanks for creating a quality discussion thread - nice to see and reply to one for a change! what about you tomba?
I LOVE classic teams. I agree with the few that have mentioned these teams being rated a bit high but they are classic teams of a gone era that should be almost taken into a lore aspect(you know the talk of legends lol)

I posted this because when the lockout was happening I feel that 2k FOCUSED on getting classic teams to play right. we have over 30 classic teams to choose from and probably 4 to 5 really go match ups to play with.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #11
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
yeah i feel like 2Ksports rated the classic teams a lot better
co-sign. Right now I've been struggling to beat the Hornets challenge and I do not recall Mugsy being that deadly from midrange or off the dribble irl. I thought teams routinely sagged off him..can't do that in 2k12. LJ/Gill/Zo=Gods.....

I also gained a newfound respect for MJ in 1993 playing against the Hornets because I can't fathom how he won a championship with these guys. Paxson/BJ/Pippen bricking wide open looks, getting killed on the boards, Cartwright's terrible shooting form, lol.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 02-14-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #12
Rookie

BasedTaylor's Arena

OVR: 4

I do/did love the 90's basketball but I haven't even played a classic game. I'm doing a 30 team controlled association so that takes up all my 2k time I get.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #13
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
I'd play a lot more of the classic teams if they were unlocked from the start (or there was a code) or if you could play the Greatest Mode against another human not computer. Most of the time I play this with some friends so no one wants to watch someone play the comp

True many of us would rather to not have to unlock them.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I was sort of confused by this poll question. Were you asking what percentage of gamers we think play with classic teams? Or what percentage of our playing time we spend with classics? I use classic teams a lot. I've been really surprised with the drop in the create-a-season community though. This game was tailor-made for some insane classic seasons to be thrown together. However, with some key guys dropping out of the race (largely portlandblazer) it's been tough to fill things out as well as 2K11.

Hopefully, 2K continues to hone this wonderful aspect of their game. The classics triple the replay value of 2K.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

The Legends are the only reason i bought the game. Love running with the 97 Lakers, Run TMC, and the 96 bulls
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

They're fun to play, really brings back memories. Too overpowered though...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »