Home

What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?

This is a discussion on What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?
0-25% 46 62.16%
25-50% 10 13.51%
50-75% 7 9.46%
75-100% 11 14.86%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #33
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?

Like the poll TOMBA.Im in the 0-25% range.Ive completed the MJ and Magic games but really havent got that into it.Its cool but id be fine if it was there or if it wasnt.

On a side note im really enjoyin you guys roster,slider and draft classes.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #34
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I would play with them almost exclusively if i could use them in a play with friends game.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I can't answer th e poll being on tapatalk, but i'd say about a third of the time I'm playing with classic teams. Just the other night I took Hakeems rockets into the Garden to take on Ewing and had a young Orlando Shaq vs a medium young Los Angeles Shaq.

Still trying to unlock the Dr. J sixers but the goddamn bucks are a problem I'm 0 - 15 against them in that damn legends game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Yes they are. Think I went like 0-20 before getting over( Not counting the many times I quit after getting down double digits in the 1st or 2nd quarter). Good luck.
Fellas...just put it on rookie level and 1 min quarters. Problem solved ;c)
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #36
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
Fellas...just put it on rookie level and 1 min quarters. Problem solved ;c)
People tend to want to earn things.I know....crazy concept.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 4
Angry Re: What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?

i only play with the 96 bulls. 100%
My season is the 1995/1996 season with the Bulls.

but nevertheirless i'm not happy of triangle system with auto calling or manual calling, it's not interresting unfortunately!!
some triangle system are good but a lot of system are not in nba 2k12, and it's hard to be really enjoyed.

i add that in the paint there is a the semi circle and it didn't exist in 1995/1996 and it's disturbe me very much.

Phil Jackson not in the team!!!!

some one hand dunk from jordan are not beautiful, and some 2 hands dunk are not beautiful too when he stays on the circle like Charles barkley or shawn Kemp, it's so stupid!!!

1995 orlando magic are represented very well, but i don't play a lot with them, contrary to what i thought when i bought the game in the begining, but when i saw horace grant with white glasses and not blue i was angry and i wait more 1996 orlando magic!!
i prefered too the shaq of nba 2k11, i remade him last year and he was better represented in NBA 2k11

Last edited by PennyHard; 02-16-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

old school about 70%. I seriously doubt I would've gotten the game if not for the Legends players and teams. Big ups to pblazer and the edits. Also mad props to those who allowed us to get the DLC players in the main game.

I actually had a worse time beating the teams on 1 min qtrs. It's like the AI would go crazy, sometime I just couldn't score at all. Once I got closer to 5 min qtrs, I was able to win. Weird. Although I don't think I went all the way down to rookie.

Yeah the Bucks and Pressey are crazy. I think Cummings is there too, they have a lot of 'rim rattlers'. the hardest team for me so far was beating Pistol's Hawks. Lou Hudson is just ridiculous. I could control Pistol, but not him. He's everywhere. I still have about 4 teams to beat, but I haven't played the game in a while. Tim Hardaway is pretty tough too (but he was unlocked for pre-orders ).

If you look at some old Dunk Contests from those years, with Dr. J, Pressey has killer hops. It's amazing how may great dunkers were there, but have been forgotten just b/c of Dr. J showing out that night.

I like the Legend Challenges b/c they force you to play differently based on the team. Plus you get used to all the different styles and shots of various players. Last year I couldn't get the hang of Bird, but this year I can stroke it with him...Magic's jumper on the other hand...vice versa, lol.

Yeah not sure how I feel about unlocking them, I think that is preventing many from enjoying them, but I like the accomplishment of beating them all, and forcing me to use different teams/players. Last years MJ mode kinda got too specific about what you had to do (esp without changing qtr length)...this year at least all you have to do is win, to unlock them. that's a plus.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #39
Banned

thuglife74's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyHard
i only play with the 96 bulls. 100%
My season is the 1995/1996 season with the Bulls.

but nevertheirless i'm not happy of triangle system with auto calling or manual calling, it's not interresting unfortunately!!
some triangle system are good but a lot of system are not in nba 2k12, and it's hard to be really enjoyed.

i add that in the paint there is a the semi circle and it didn't exist in 1995/1996 and it's disturbe me very much.

Phil Jackson not in the team!!!!

some one hand dunk from jordan are not beautiful, and some 2 hands dunk are not beautiful too when he stays on the circle like Charles barkley or shawn Kemp, it's so stupid!!!

1995 orlando magic are represented very well, but i don't play a lot with them, contrary to what i thought when i bought the game in the begining, but when i saw horace grant with white glasses and not blue i was angry and i wait more 1996 orlando magic!!
i prefered too the shaq of nba 2k11, i remade him last year and he was better represented in NBA 2k11
you should really give other teams a shot. you're missing a lot.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuglife74
you should really give other teams a shot. you're missing a lot.
I agree!!! I never thought playin as the 86 Celtics would be so much fun. Bird is a baaaad man!!...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »