Home

NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #129
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
Y'all act like they get more money out of you by reserving a game! What's the big deal of a $5 deposit off the purchase price of a game you're going to buy?
Great point but it is kind of hard reserving a game when you are overseas or deployed during those times. Do to the region stuff Microsoft has established you can't play overseas games or vice versa.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #130
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NBA 2K13 Features Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, 3 Point Contest, Rising Stars Challen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
I have been told it will also be available internationally.
What about for us soldiers stationed overseas? We normally get 'special' games, for example, BF3 gave us the first map pack free with purchase. Is something like that in the works for us since we have our own store?
Old 05-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #131
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
This to me is a disappointment in the whole series, and a waste of an announcement.

1. You are announcing a feature that was originally in previous titles
2. It's pre-order only? Seriously? SMH!
3. It's not a real feature, that our die-hard fans give a flying fart about!
4. It's nothing more than a gimmick, die-hard fans buy it day one no matter what, this serves no benefits.
5. It was hyped up for no apparent reason, more fluff for the duff!!!
6. Hey how about this, game comes out in 4 months, why not flood the scene with gameplay videos and screenshots like your competitor is doing both their football games.
7. MLB 2k series just got canned, you could be a little more sensitive to your fans, by not releasing news like this it's bad karma for you company.
8. This will pass over the PC version, in which I'm sure 40 to 60% of your fans will buy thanks to mods. And it will be PS3 and 360 Only....
9. Ronnie 2k is helping the push of death on 2ksports games.
10. Stop doing EA type things and get back to being the 2k we've loved since Dreamcast.

(IMO: The statement about PC version being 40% to 60% is because most retailers never receive copies of the game. Maybe if fans could find it, we'd buy it more. Just saying Gamestop getting 1 copy per year, isn't helping that format grow...)
Not to play 'Captain Save 2k' but c'mon now. LD2k clearly stated that some will like it and some will not. No hype whatsoever. They are getting a little more official with ASW -- how is that a bad thing? The rest of your post sounds personal.

Love your youtube videos but this post causes 'purple names' to shy away from this community. #JustSayin
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #132
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

I will be here to clarify as much as I can. Also make sure to check in with Ronnie's twitter and whenever updates are posted anywhere - I'll stop by and update for everyone.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 05-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 0

why do we have to preorder just to have this feature i hope u give us a code i dont wanna pay dlc for something that should already be in the game
Old 05-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 2
weak.... first of all this shouldnt even be dlc... it was in 2k11 so i dont know whats that all about...
second to not even know if this is the official all star weekend and not just players outside playing ball again is kinda suspect...
i usually pre order every 2k game but after 2k12 ill just wait for some more news and see whats going on with Live.. although 2k will be better overall i only care about online and thats the part where 2k fails the most
Old 05-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #135
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
I will be here to clarify as much as I can. Also make sure to check in with Ronnie's twitter and whenever updates are posted anywhere - I'll stop by and update for everyone.
We want to know will the mode be in association mode and if so how will they pick who will be in the event and what not
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #136
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Also to the post above that one, I didn't know Live owned the rights to ASW. Stupid NBA allowed them to do that, weird also.
I do not believe EA owned the All-Star rights. It is just a theory many folks have come up with over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Never fails.

2K announces an additional feature and people are upset about it.

Regardless of the Slam Dunk contest being in previous iterations of NBA 2K, it's being added to 2K13 and I'm happy with that.

I just hope it's integrated into Association. It'll really help give people more motivation to develop their rookies in the season in hopes of landing them a spot on the Rookie team during the All-Star break.
Right on. I'm with you 100%

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »