Home

2K Sports Community Team-Up Program Announced

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Community Team-Up Program Announced within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #89
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 2K Sports Community Team-Up Program Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
that might be true but in my player you will see a lot more problems with the game and players since you only control one guy
I concur. I'm primarily an Association player myself, but in online play and My Player is where the gameplay and A.I. flaws really get exposed for all to see.

If the guys that go can aid them in tuning things so that H2H games aren't, in their default state, a battle of dueling exploits, and the My Player games aren't an exercise in frustration in dealing with the horrid User teammate A.I., then I have no worries about how things will play out in Association games.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #90
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I concur. I'm primarily an Association player myself, but in online play and My Player is where the gameplay and A.I. flaws really get exposed for all to see.

If the guys that go can aid them in tuning things so that H2H games aren't, in their default state, a battle of dueling exploits, and the My Player games aren't an exercise in frustration in dealing with the horrid User teammate A.I., then I have no worries about how things will play out in Association games.
I agree.

With My Player, you can truly see most(if not all) of the gameplay flaws.

You can notice the speed issues, the lack of proper footwork and the results of it, defensive quick sliding/reaction, A.I poor passing choices for both CPU and User, Players not snatching the ball for rebounds/just going up to a spot, The need of the Pick strength and Pick Success sliders back.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
TOMBA? LOL how ppl forget
WHO is Tomba? LOL . Glad to see you back.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 12

This thing is a good idea for the most part, as long as the feedback from a handful of gamers out of millions is contrasted with the real NBA. I don't know, I just think there's a lot of different opinions out there - gameplay especially. Just cuz Smoove is good at commentary doesn't necessarily make him some "expert gamer." I think multi-faceted approach is best --> a few gamers from the community, a consensus, wishlist threads, etc -- but the biggest one is the real NBA. Reward / consequence / tacticts, etc should be the same as real NBA / real basketball. With that one, you can't go wrong because opinions are subjective but making it like the real NBA is pretty can't miss. Not saying 2k doesn't already do this, I'm just sayin my concern is having a handful of 'reps' of the community having too much clout in the direction of the game.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #93
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
This thing is a good idea for the most part, as long as the feedback from a handful of gamers out of millions is contrasted with the real NBA. I don't know, I just think there's a lot of different opinions out there - gameplay especially. Just cuz Smoove is good at commentary doesn't necessarily make him some "expert gamer." I think multi-faceted approach is best --> a few gamers from the community, a consensus, wishlist threads, etc -- but the biggest one is the real NBA. Reward / consequence / tacticts, etc should be the same as real NBA / real basketball. With that one, you can't go wrong because opinions are subjective but making it like the real NBA is pretty can't miss. Not saying 2k doesn't already do this, I'm just sayin my concern is having a handful of 'reps' of the community having too much clout in the direction of the game.
lol smoove is perfect for this. If you watch his videos you can tell he knows a lot about basketballs and what should be in a basketball game.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #94
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Some people may like chris smoove because he makes them laugh, but i dont think he represents most SIM players like myself. I watched alot of his videos and dude is pretty cheesy especially in Myplayer. Shady is OK, i just dont think videos are anywhere near as good as the Momentus trailers. Someone like Teebone21 from the 2K forums or myself :-) would be good for this.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #95
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

I am just HOPING SOMEONE at 2k has Taken Notice of Vannwolfhawk's work he did with the Playbooks this year. Amazing stuff he did.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2012, 12:26 AM   #96
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
TOMBA? LOL how ppl forget
Yeah I'm sad too man, amazing 12 years of owning every title and over 500 gameplay videos later...

And I didn't get invited...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »