Home

2K Sports Community Team-Up Program Announced

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Community Team-Up Program Announced within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2012, 02:18 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: 2K Sports Community Team-Up Program Announced

I don't get all of this stuff. Why not just post the news for everyone in the old fashioned way ? I don't see this necessary
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 02:23 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
I don't get all of this stuff. Why not just post the news for everyone in the old fashioned way ? I don't see this necessary
It's called getting honest opinions from our fellow community members. Why are some people hating on respected community members? I rather them go than a casual fan who doesn't care if the game plays like NBA JAM or a realistic basketball game.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3
This is definately a marketing tool, but the best thing about getting community members in there looking at the game is the feedback they give the developers.

This community feedback can make a possibly serious issue with gameplay be nipped now instead of trying and failing to patch it out later.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #44
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Well, at least 2k is pretty much letting you know this is a marketing tool right now -- maybe it'll grow into something more.

I'm just happy that they are going a step further with their community involvement. LD2k and Ronnie2k already are very active -- reaching out and actually bringing people in the studios hopefully to push forward more ideas can only be a plus.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #45
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
It's called getting honest opinions from our fellow community members. Why are some people hating on respected community members? I rather them go than a casual fan who doesn't care if the game plays like NBA JAM or a realistic basketball game.
I wouldn't consider it hating. I like the ideal of getting the community involved, but it's not like 2K is asking for suggestion, or taking ideals from these guys...just showing stuff early.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #46
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

If they only have these popular figures going, then it's just some marketing plot. I mean what about fans that aren't as vocal as smoove or visual as shady?? I tweet Ronnie and Beluba everyday about issues with NBA2K, but I know the unpopular won't get invited. I tweeted my brains out yesterday just trying to get an invite, don't see it happening though.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

I, too, am curious to see if this will mean anything.

Will the guys they have play the game come back with an honest interpretation of the game? How would 2k respond if someone like smoove comes back talking about how unimpressed he is with the game? How deep are they in development where they can make any real changes to the game? Is 2K even open to ideas at this stage of development?
Old 07-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #48
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
If they only have these popular figures going, then it's just some marketing plot. I mean what about fans that aren't as vocal as smoove or visual as shady?? I tweet Ronnie and Beluba everyday about issues with NBA2K, but I know the unpopular won't get invited. I tweeted my brains out yesterday just trying to get an invite, don't see it happening though.
Ronnie isn't involved with the game development, you should tweet mike wang or eric or rob if they have a twitter but mike is barely on. But I think Apexisfree
would be a great person for this, he's one of the original people that showed 2k's and maddens flaws type of videos. But he stopped for some reason. I think 2k will pick some no name people, but I think more "famous" will go and hype the game up. How many subs do chris and shady have combined?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »