Home

NBA 2K13 - Some Clarity on the Control Stick

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 - Some Clarity on the Control Stick within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #161
Pro

OVR: 0
I really like the sound of it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #162
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Good job Mike! Finally, the perfect hoops game?
Old 08-14-2012, 05:32 AM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 0
Alot of people forget this is how 2k was on the ps2 this aint nothing new 2k4 and i believe 2k5 used the right stick for isomotion
Old 08-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #164
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K13 - Some Clarity on the Control Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
It is a different system You control your distance manually.
Is it similar to how the shading controls work... flicking the stick? And does it carry over or does it reset each play?

I like that it's manual now as oppose to being buried in the coaches strategy as it allows for on the fly changes.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:13 AM   #165
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
This was big for me too, and something I don't think any hoops game has ever modeled well. A lot of my time this year was spent working on the onball defender/dribbler interactions - we call them body ups (or rides) internally. In the past we've had both extremes, long 2p anims that you were locked into or the infamous dribble stuns where the ball handler just bounces back like he was shot in the face. This year, as you can see a bit of in the dev video, the ball handler can now take the contact and Iso out of it at any time. The challenge was giving the ball handler the freedom to pull off moves while still allowing the onball defender to effectively deflect the dribbler off course. There's still a lot I want to add to the system going forward but I'm pretty happy with how improved the 1-on-1 game feels this year. Definitely light years ahead of anything we've attempted in the past. It's also amazing how well the rides blend into the improved contact shot system using the Dynamic Shot Generator. The whole sequence from the start of a drive to the body up to the contact shot and finish can look just as smooth as a sequence straight out of mocap. This is easily my favorite aspect of 2K13.
keep whispering those sweet nothings to me..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 03:40 AM   #166
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
I wish for the demo we could just shoot around to get used to the completely new offensive controls but I doubt it will happen.
I'd like this. A shootaround in the demo to go along with the regular five minute quarter. That would really get people amped and ready for the game.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #167
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Okay, so if you use L2 to modify between shot stick and control stick, how do you enter triple threat?
Old 08-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #168
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Okay, so if you use L2 to modify between shot stick and control stick, how do you enter triple threat?
When you catch the ball, you enter triple threat. Move RS to jab, stepover, initiate dribble, or do a standing spin launch (Amare-style)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »