Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Gameplay Glimpses of Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Gameplay Glimpses of Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: 2K13 MEM vs. OKC gameplay sequences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Totally agree. But how do you fairly penalize it?
someone stated that they noticed in one of the videos that over dribbling drains stamina, so maybe thats how they countered, guy will burn out more quickly!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
someone stated that they noticed in one of the videos that over dribbling drains stamina, so maybe thats how they countered, guy will burn out more quickly!
Overdribbling in 2k12 drains stamina and i think stamina is a bigger factor this year so they'll probably lose all the juice
Old 09-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Totally agree. But how do you fairly penalize it?
lose the ball and it was obvioius his fatigue meter depleted before that first rudy gay score. He should have lost the ability to do AND 1 moves at that point
Old 09-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #28
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm more concerned on how easy it is to spin dribble to the basket...hopefully in higher difficulties there would be more contact initiated.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #29
Pro

cmebfresh's Arena

OVR: 8

pretty sweet

MIAMI ALL THE WAY

MIAMI HEAT
MIAMI DOLPHINS
MIAMI MARLINS
AND THE U
Old 09-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
No, what you didn't get is that I clearly recognized it as an exaggeration, and said height wasn't the issue with that rebound.

And as for you not liking the game, I didn't say that either. I was just covering the bases of my last statement just in case. Read it again.

All I'm saying is that these videos are put out to enjoy and to evaluate. This is obvious. But it gets to a point where "evaluate" to some becomes only "critiquing". And that's a buzz kill frankly.

What you said about rebounding is important. We've seen a LOT of videos so far. Have we really seen the old vertical issue that often? I don't think so. Does that mean its gone for good. I doubt it. But the issue seems to have been addressed noticeably and that's a good thing, right?

And I agree about the irrational hate of 2k12. That game was a victim of expectations.
I disagree with you on multiple points;
First of all, he can decide for himself if he can watch videos and doesn't need your advice. Second of all, he can critique the game all he want, if YOU get a buzzkill from that, then don't read it. Just because you don't like people not being positive about a game, doesn't mean everyone has to adjust so that you feel well. Third, yes we haven't seen this kind of rebounding a lot, but a lot of the videos we saw were distributed by 2K (not all, I know, Gamescom) so they will make sure (and I don't blame them) to make the game look as fine as they can in those videos. So when you see in a video like this, which is made to promote the game, and you notice an issue from last year that certainly means something. It's as if you watch a movie trailer and see a camera through a mirror, what must that mean for the real movie?

Finally, I myself am very psyched for this game, I like the gameplay and gamemode improvements so far, and overall I'm very positive and think this can be a better game than NBA 2K11 (to me, the best NBA 2K game so far). But that doesn't mean people can't critique certain issues that were there in previous installments of the game.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #31
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreezy18
I really hope excessive dribbling like that gets penalized.
Yeah cause having someone just dribble like that from the 3pt line spin move there way in the paint for a layup or dunk will be total GARBAGE if their is no punishment...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #32
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
lose the ball and it was obvioius his fatigue meter depleted before that first rudy gay score. He should have lost the ability to do AND 1 moves at that point
Ewww!!! That would suck man. Or am I assuming too much when you say "lose the ability" to do moves?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »