Home

Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #473
Rookie

cbiscuit's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eF 5ive
So I put on long socks and they're always white even though I play for Portland.. And is the arm sleeves really either only white or black? It seems like such a BS setting to be purchasing equipment the NBA/Teams give to players.
if you go under team apparel, they team colored accessories
Old 10-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #474
Rookie

OVR: 2

How is playing center this year?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #475
Just started!

OVR: 0

I think trading in this game is very bugged. please let me know if any of you are experiencing what I am experiencing.

First off, to answer your question, I requested to be traded to the Knicks 3 times now. After restarting once after blowing 1000 vc into my first character, I ended up on the Nets, Jazz and Heat..... They traded a first round pick twice I think and that was it.

My question: has anyone experienced this mess? The game simply will not honor your trade request. I even tried cutting ronnie brewer just to free up space for another SG (I am an SG) but that didnt help. I will try requesting a trade just to see if the Knicks are interested in me. If they are not, then ill back away from my trade request....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #476
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukyfied
I think trading in this game is very bugged. please let me know if any of you are experiencing what I am experiencing.

First off, to answer your question, I requested to be traded to the Knicks 3 times now. After restarting once after blowing 1000 vc into my first character, I ended up on the Nets, Jazz and Heat..... They traded a first round pick twice I think and that was it.

My question: has anyone experienced this mess? The game simply will not honor your trade request. I even tried cutting ronnie brewer just to free up space for another SG (I am an SG) but that didnt help. I will try requesting a trade just to see if the Knicks are interested in me. If they are not, then ill back away from my trade request....
Dude I'm not trying to be rude or anything but what you are saying is really hard to understand. What do you mean by cutting up Ronnie Brewer to free up space? And what do you mean by you ended up with nets jazz and Heat? Wtf
Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #477
Rookie

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerNation
How is playing center this year?
It difficult at first, not much playing time at the beginning I simmed around the 30 game mark and I get lots of playing time and I'm already 6th man. I maxed my rebounds and post moves. It pretty fun!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #478
Rookie

Just found out you can give your Offline MyPlayer accessories if you access online shop and spend your VC there. This means you have to connect to internet just to access online store.

But each time I disconnect and go offline, my Offline MyPlayer mode experiences weird bugs.
-Invisible basketball
-My guy has some weird texture coming out of his gut like in Aliens
-CPU inbound gets stuck so game won't advance
-Intense defence (LT) and Set pick (B) buttons don't work

Good news is all of them goes away if I restart the game. It sucks though if it happens when you are close to finishing a game... only to restart.

I'm having fun but the game mode just doesn't feel clean... I don't know if this Online MyPlayer and VC stuff is messing up the game.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #479
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
Dude I'm not trying to be rude or anything but what you are saying is really hard to understand. What do you mean by cutting up Ronnie Brewer to free up space? And what do you mean by you ended up with nets jazz and Heat? Wtf

Sorry for the confusion

I want to be on the knicks in my career mode
I am a Shooting Guard

First time I made my shooting guard, I quickly spent 1000 vc to buff him up a little.

I was drafted to the Bucks. After 5 games I requested to be traded to the Knicks. Instead, they traded me to the Nets.

I did not want to play with the Nets, so I simmulated to the next key game. After playing with the nets for 10-15 games (there arent a lot of key games) I requested to be traded to the Knicks. I ended up with the Jazz. By the time I ended up on the Jazz, it was past the trade deadline. Again, I simulated until I was traded.

I decided to restart my career. I also changed the current roster before restarting MyCareer Mode. I cut ronnie brewer to make more space on the Knicks for another SG.

Second time around, I was drafted to Memphis. After 5 games i asked to be traded to the Knicks.

I ended up in Miami.

Now I am playing for Miami. I bought a few VC just so that I can be more productive. Now I occasionally talk to my GM and request for a trade just so that I can see if the Knicks are interested in me. If they are not, I simply decline the trade and continue playing for the Knicks.

Has this happened to anyone else? If you have requested to be traded to a team, did you end up with the team you wanted?
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #480
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukyfied

Thanks for the response! I might have to go ahead and request a trade then...

And to the poster above, I'm pretty sure he means that he has restarted his My Player multiple times and requested a trade in each one, and 3 teams he listed are where he ended up. And I'm sure he meant that he cut Ronnie Brewer from the roster prior to starting his My Player (My Player starts with whatever roster you have currently loaded).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »