Home

What is the best way to earn VC points on 2K13?

This is a discussion on What is the best way to earn VC points on 2K13? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #417
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: What is the best way to earn VC points on 2K13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalkofanation
Tried two times unsucessfully to get vc playing association. What do you mean not offline..?? I seriously cannot get any vc playing association. PS3 By the way.
I had one association go offline because I couldn't connect to the servers.

But I just played 2 games today with the Trailblazers and I'm pretty sire I got VC after playing my 1st game...
Old 10-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #418
Rookie

OVR: 0

To the responses that have quoted me (sorry not good at doing multiple quotes).

A. I understand that you have already paid for the game. And I wish that the VC earned was more reasonable to the value of the cost of upgrades. Like I think it's ridiculous that you earn 150 VC to complete one game and it costs 7000 VC to buy a sig skill. There should definitely be a better (Much Better) balance.

B. This is going to be a weird response. I am not against charging to make your guy better. Some say it takes the fun out of the game, but it's nice to be able to enjoy the game sooner. For example, they are charging for everything ie arm sleeves, shorts in black top and many other things. Too bad the VC earned doesn't go far enough to upgrade your guy, get equipment and get sig skills.

They basically made the game, so that you have to buy VC. I don't agree with that aspect because times are hard and not everyone has disposable income to just put into a video game.

So my point is, I like that you can upgrade by buying points but I don't like that it feels like the only option because of the costs of upgrades.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #419
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalkofanation
Tried two times unsucessfully to get vc playing association.
I just played a game of association and I got 750 VC at the end, remind you it's a "playing time bonus (or playing "game" bonus)" because I play on 12 min quarters.

No idea if you get any if you play 8 min quarters or less. I would assume that even though you play 4 min quarters you'll get some VC at the end.

I once played 5 min quarters with coach mode on (quick game) and I got 300-400VC or something at the end. When you play 12 min quarters you get 600VC. So it's all linked to the amount of time you put in it.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:22 AM   #420
bny
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not getting any VC for coach mode.

Settings at HoF, 12 min quarters, simulation settings.

Any ideas?
Old 10-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #421
Pro

You get 250VC when you play an NBA TODAY GAME.

So maybe it's possible to do coach mode with an NBA today game (250VC) + 600 VC = 850 VC/1 Hour.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #422
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin

So maybe it's possible to do coach mode with an NBA today game (250VC) + 600 VC = 850 VC/1 Hour.
Yes, you will get the 250 bonus for the NBA Today game with Coach mode. I just did it and was about to post, but you got here first.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #423
Rookie

johhnywave's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsider2
Yes, you will get the 250 bonus for the NBA Today game with Coach mode. I just did it and was about to post, but you got here first.
Heh, came on here to post the same thing.

That's a decent haul right there.

Quote:
I just played a game of association and I got 750 VC at the end, remind you it's a "playing time bonus (or playing "game" bonus)" because I play on 12 min quarters.

No idea if you get any if you play 8 min quarters or less. I would assume that even though you play 4 min quarters you'll get some VC at the end.
I don't know how that playing bonus works, but I got it (same -- 750) for just leaving the game on in the association mode once. I mean I was playing off an on for a couple hours, doing a sim association for fun. Maybe spent 20 minutes trading between those two hours while I was doing other stuff (watching tv, internet, etc). I didn't play any games or anything. Just trading.

I wonder if there's an exploit in that somewhere. Perhaps leave the game on in the trading screen? But it took me two hours to get it. It was actually after I saved the game so...

That's a smaller amount per minute than just doing a coaching mode game. And that's not even the most efficient way to get VC either.

Last edited by johhnywave; 10-18-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #424
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

yea i did this last night you beat me to it. So 1000 VC in about an hour if you play blacktop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »