Home

How the hell do I stop the 3 point cheese in MyTeam?

This is a discussion on How the hell do I stop the 3 point cheese in MyTeam? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: How the hell do I stop the 3 point cheese in MyTeam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide3883
I have his ****ing release down
Let me get this straight, you have Carmelo Anthony release down but you keep missing open shots with him lol? That's like saying you're great at math but failing geometry, makes no sense.

How come I have no problem shutting down Korver; He might sneak in 1 or 2 threes but that's all. I will give you the same advice for your reoccurring issues and that is.....

YOU NEED TO GET BETTER AT THE GAME!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by demfl
Let me get this straight, you have Carmelo Anthony release down but you keep missing open shots with him lol? That's like saying you're great at math but failing geometry, makes no sense.

How come I have no problem shutting down Korver; He might sneak in 1 or 2 threes but that's all. I will give you the same advice for your reoccurring issues and that is.....

YOU NEED TO GET BETTER AT THE GAME!
I HAVE HIS ****ING RELEASE DOWN, I AM SHOOTING RIGHT NOW AND EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS IN THE GREEN. DON'T ****ING TELL ME SOMETHING WHEN I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING
Old 10-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide3883
I HAVE HIS ****ING RELEASE DOWN, I AM SHOOTING RIGHT NOW AND EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS IN THE GREEN. DON'T ****ING TELL ME SOMETHING WHEN I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING
Then your not open. Get him better looks. Melo is money in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
Rookie

Since when does nobody being around you = not being open?

News to me
Old 10-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #13
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

I have a super defensive team. You need a defensive team if you want to win in My Team. Good perimeter defenders are a must. I have Thabo Sef, Shane Battier, Rondo and Serge Ibaka.

Thabo is a bronze so he is cheap and is a great pickup. Look for players with high on-ball defense ratings. Thabo and Battier both have 88 on ball defense. If you can somehow get the Lockdown Defender skill then that is even better.

Lastly, you MUST play on ball defense. The CPU's defense is very weak. I'm a sim guy and play on ball defense no matter what so this works out great for me.

Another tip is to go to My Controller Settings and put Defensive Assist to 0. This gives me full control of my player when playing on ball. Also, try crowding the shooter with intense D and force him into a tight spot or to pick up his dribble then just put your hands up. Try not to jump at shooters, i usually use hands up or use the Intense D shot contest.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #14
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

OVR: 9

Lol I love playing vs 3 point cheesers in My Team. From my experience they are usually *** at 2k so it usually goes like...

Every one of their possesions they fly it out to their 3 point man for 3, they will make the 3 usually around 3/5 times resulting in 9 out of a possible 15 point.

I just bang down low and they usually just don't know how to play inside so I'll get my 2 5/5 possessions resulting in 10 out of 10 possible points.

Repeat all game and I get the win. Just gotta know how to shut down the cheesers and make them play the game fair.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #15
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
JUST CHOOSE CONSTANT PRESSURE, PLAY TIGHT WITH EVERYONE, SET HEDGE TO HARD HENGE, DONT PLAY WITH THE BALL HANDLER, AND BUY HARRISON BARNES AND CHEESE WITH HIM!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejfalcon9
Lol I love playing vs 3 point cheesers in My Team. From my experience they are usually *** at 2k so it usually goes like...

Every one of their possesions they fly it out to their 3 point man for 3, they will make the 3 usually around 3/5 times resulting in 9 out of a possible 15 point.

I just bang down low and they usually just don't know how to play inside so I'll get my 2 5/5 possessions resulting in 10 out of 10 possible points.

Repeat all game and I get the win. Just gotta know how to shut down the cheesers and make them play the game fair.
I always take it inside with Melo/Chandler, then work to get Novak as many 3s as possible off the bench.

It just pisses me off when they miss wide open shots 3/5 times when I have the releases down perfect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »