Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update with Full List of Transactions Still Needed (11-17-12)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update with Full List of Transactions Still Needed (11-17-12) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update with Full List of Transactions Still Needed (11-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers2324
I thought about it...and I think that's perfectly fair. The overall ratings don't matter in the slightest. Melo plays like Melo in the game and is rated highly where he should be rated highly.Should Melo be rated as an elite defender? I certainly don't think so...and neither does the game. That's why he's a touch lower than some of the other superstars. But, his offensive ratings are amongst the highest in the league.
I agree. But my only problem wasnt that melo was rated a 89. it was that he was a 92 at the start of the game. then lowered to 89 for no reason. then when he does all the things i listed earlier people still feel he should be a 89. if he started out as an 89 i would have no problems. and wouldnt have much of an argument. u can say melo had an off year all that jazz. but THEY rated him a 92 then lowered him for no reason. now he gives them a reason to raise him. and hes not. thats my point. BTW i never even said he should be put back to a 92. I just said he should be raised
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #42
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update with Full List of Transactions Still Needed (11-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Yeah Melo is almost unstoppable in this game. Not Rudy Gay unstoppable, but you get the point.
my point exactly.......
Old 11-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #43
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawno306
I tweeted to Ronnie2k. No response and he hasn't been on Twitter for over 5 hours. So for us PS3 users, it could be a while...
And I think they only upload rosters in the morning. Not to mention its a weekend, so who knows.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #44
Rookie

shawno306's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
And I think they only upload rosters in the morning. Not to mention its a weekend, so who knows.
My god...I saw a tweet from him saying he doesn't know why PS3 doesn't have the roster and he's trying to find out. They're a mess over there.

Red Sox
Celtics
Patriots
Bruins
UConn Basketball
Oregon Football
Old 11-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #45
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Wait. Did those Miami "white hot" jerseys be a part of the roster update? Sigh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #46
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Since PS3 didn't get the roster update I'm guessing that the PC version didn't get it as well?
Old 11-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 7

Regarding all the Melo talk:

• He was overrated at 92. 89-90 seems perfectly reasonable for a great offensive player with less than average defense/block/steal abilities.
  • 89 is basically a superstar.
  • Iggy is overrated at 87, so he isn't a good comparison. However, Iggy's athletic/defensive abilities IRL are better than Melo's, which is why the gap isn't bigger.
  • Yes, the Knicks are off to a great start, but it has as much to do with the unselfishness and depth of the roster, as it does with Melo. Melo's stats are right around what he has done in the past. If anything, JR Smith and Wallace (and maybe Prigioni) should see their overall spike a bit, but not Melo.
  • All that said, I do believe Melo's mid range rating should be increased a couple points, but that's it.

Just because you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #48
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
my point exactly.......
How is this your point? You're arguing that Melo should be rated higher, but when someone says even though his rating is an 89, he's still unstoppable, you agree and say that was your point?

I'm not even sure you know what you're arguing right now. Your blindly throwing all this crap out about ratings about players who play DIFFERENT positions.

Different ratings are rated differently based on the positions these guys play. You're really not making yourself look good here.

Drop the Melo argument. He plays amazing in the game, who cares if his rating is an 89? I feel like you're mad just because he's an elite player with a rating 1 point below a 90. Give me a break.

Also, you said he's a top 3 MVP candidate? We're 8 games into the season and you're throwing out MVP talk? What fantasy world do you live in? By your logic, Jamal Crawford should also be rated in the high 90s based solely on offensive output?

While we're at it, make JR Smith a 95..

Hell, give Paul Millsap a 99 three point rating because he's shooting 67% from the 3 this year. Just stop .

Last edited by Gosens6; 11-17-2012 at 05:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »