Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update with Full List of Transactions Still Needed (11-17-12)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update with Full List of Transactions Still Needed (11-17-12) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update with Full List of Transactions Still Needed (11-17

Why was Lillard 3pt downgraded to a 75 (shooting 40% currently) And James Harden is still a 86 rated 3pt shooter (26%...)

Their 3pt ratings should be reversed...
Old 11-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update with Full List of Transactions Still Needed (11-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly_of_a_Whale
Regarding all the Melo talk:

• He was overrated at 92. 89-90 seems perfectly reasonable for a great offensive player with less than average defense/block/steal abilities.
  • 89 is basically a superstar.
  • Iggy is overrated at 87, so he isn't a good comparison. However, Iggy's athletic/defensive abilities IRL are better than Melo's, which is why the gap isn't bigger.
  • Yes, the Knicks are off to a great start, but it has as much to do with the unselfishness and depth of the roster, as it does with Melo. Melo's stats are right around what he has done in the past. If anything, JR Smith and Wallace (and maybe Prigioni) should see their overall spike a bit, but not Melo.
  • All that said, I do believe Melo's mid range rating should be increased a couple points, but that's it.
I agree with this. his mid range is an 84 already. i also think it could go up a few points but people might accuse me of being too picky o well. considering Bayless midrange is a 90. Blakes is a 80 i believe as well. Another thing is that while OVR ratings dont mean much. When it ranks players it ranks them by overall stats. Therefore according to that. Deron Williams is a better player than Carmelo Anthony. I think that is ridicolous. While deron williams is good(my second fav player) he is not better than melo and had an even worse season then melo did while melo was playing with nagging injuries the whole season and yet D will gets an upgrade. but melo does not. 89 maybe the right rating for melo but like it was said before, this just shows a lot fo other players are Overated. I just took the easier rout of saying Melo is Underated rather than nit picking at every overated player
Old 11-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
How is this your point? You're arguing that Melo should be rated higher, but when someone says even though his rating is an 89, he's still unstoppable, you agree and say that was your point?

I'm not even sure you know what you're arguing right now. Your blindly throwing all this crap out about ratings about players who play DIFFERENT positions.

Different ratings are rated differently based on the positions these guys play. You're really not making yourself look good here.

Drop the Melo argument. He plays amazing in the game, who cares if his rating is an 89? I feel like you're mad just because he's an elite player with a rating 1 point below a 90. Give me a break.

Also, you said he's a top 3 MVP candidate? We're 8 games into the season and you're throwing out MVP talk? What fantasy world do you live in? By your logic, Jamal Crawford should also be rated in the high 90s based solely on offensive output?

While we're at it, make JR Smith a 95..

Hell, give Paul Millsap a 99 three point rating because he's shooting 67% from the 3 this year. Just stop .
my point was that in his statement he said "Yeah Melo is almost unstoppable in this game. Not Rudy Gay unstoppable" the fact that Melo is being considered almost unstopable and rudy gay is considered unstopable. is my point that melo is underated. or that rudy is overated whichever you want. i guess i missed you with that one..... And you are saying it has only been 8 games why should melo be increased? Harden was raised after 4 games. but while his shooting from 3 is 20 something percent through 8 games. his 3 is still an 86. sooo what is your point sir?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #52
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
my point was that in his statement he said "Yeah Melo is almost unstoppable in this game. Not Rudy Gay unstoppable" the fact that Melo is being considered almost unstopable and rudy gay is considered unstopable. is my point that melo is underated. or that rudy is overated whichever you want. i guess i missed you with that one..... And you are saying it has only been 8 games why should melo be increased? Harden was raised after 4 games. but while his shooting from 3 is 20 something percent through 8 games. his 3 is still an 86. sooo what is your point sir?
My point is Melo doesn't need an increase. I feel like you just NEED to see him above a 90 to validate something.

I'll agree with you on the James Harden front, but imagine the backlash from the casual gamers if Harden didn't receive a ratings boost?

It's usually a lose-lose situation when it comes to us and 2K. They're all about "who's hot" right now, to appease to the casual gamers.

Melo doesn't need a raise, it's not only him who's playing exceptional, it's the entire Knicks team, which is the reason for their success.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
My point is Melo doesn't need an increase. I feel like you just NEED to see him above a 90 to validate something.

I'll agree with you on the James Harden front, but imagine the backlash from the casual gamers if Harden didn't receive a ratings boost?

It's usually a lose-lose situation when it comes to us and 2K. They're all about "who's hot" right now, to appease to the casual gamers.

Melo doesn't need a raise, it's not only him who's playing exceptional, it's the entire Knicks team, which is the reason for their success.
I understand that. And i somewhat agree. But what i said was that if melo's rating is an 89. and that is what he deserves to you. and others. then thats fine. but that to me means players such as rudy gay, Andre Igoudala, should have lower ratings because we can all agree melo is miles ahead of those two? right?
Old 11-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #54
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
I understand that. And i somewhat agree. But what i said was that if melo's rating is an 89. and that is what he deserves to you. and others. then thats fine. but that to me means players such as rudy gay, Andre Igoudala, should have lower ratings because we can all agree melo is miles ahead of those two? right?
Offensively, yes. He's one of the best triple threat players in the NBA.

But iv'e always believed his rating isn't higher because I don't even think he can spell defense.

Although i'll give him credit, this year he's TRYING to work on his defensive game and rebounding. If he can become a consistent defensive player and rebounder, I gurantee his rating will increase.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #55
Rookie

and that since the ratings of Rudy Gay and Igoudala are not going to go down. melo should be increased. Also you are right about the Knicks as a whole playing well but if i remember correctly when D rose won MVP he was playing very well. but not better than lebron. But he won MVP because of his TEAM's success. Now do you think if his team wasnt doing well he would be rated a 92? No because if a player plays well and his team is losing then he is still rated lower in the 2k system. therefore the knicks are off to a great start. Can melo get some credit considering he is the leader(or one of them) of the team. and he is actually SHOWING leadership
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #56
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Since PS3 didn't get the roster update I'm guessing that the PC version didn't get it as well?
As of about 20 minutes ago, no, PC doesn't have the update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »