Home

NBA 2K13 Patch 1.02 Released, Details Included, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Patch 1.02 Released, Details Included, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #801
Rookie

ticats8's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K13 Patch 1.02 Released, Details Included, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3,

Since downloading my NBA Today has been stuck on Wednesday December 12th, anyone else having this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #802
Just started!

OVR: 0
Playing on a PS3, setting screens in my career will stop a play. Any news on if this will get addressed in a future update. Amazing how flawed this game is. Who voted this game a rating above 5. It's astonishing!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #803
Rookie

lockdownD's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K13 Patch 1.02 Released, Details Included, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdownD
The lack of on/off ball contact on defense is something I'm disappointed didn't get addressed more for this patch. I'm hoping for the next patch Visual Concept developers can work on this a little bit. I would really hate to have to wait untill 2k14 to actually have good contact on defense.

Inside the paint off-ball trying to defend bigs, there is almost no body contact at all so people can easily get right under the basket.

The off-ball bumping/bouncing animations are so annoying when you run into someone. On defense when this bumping animation happens it wont let you jump/move at all.

On-ball defense there isn't enough body contact and ball handlers can simply slide off your defenders body or just keep trying to ram their way into the paint with little consequences, such as lossing the ball or picking up their dribble more. I would like to see the on-ball defense attribute raised like it was in 2k11.

Dunks and on some layups there should be some contact/collision animations with the defender, with the possibility of being able to block some dunks without your hand morphing through the ball. On-ball defenders on dunks and some layups shouldn't be simply getting moved/pushed out of the way so easily. I don't expect this to be addressed however untill 2k14 probably, since they need to work alot more on their contact/collision physics system and add more animations.
In addition to this:

On-ball Defense - trying to play against another person the player stances/movement on defense often feels sluggish/unresponsive trying to move back and forth or around the court. It feels almost like your being held back at times trying to move in certain directions, its very frustrating when your trying to keep up with the ball handler and they change directions alot. In 2k11, the player movement was always very quick and responsive which I liked.

Pass/Catch System - is probably the worst its ever been. I often play team-up with friends and its amazing just how poorly players are at catching the ball cleanly without bobbling, fumbling, or doing some weird catch animation. I often see poor pass placement in traffic inside the paint - such as bounce passes that lead to turnovers/kicked balls when a overhead pass would of made more sense. Also sometimes on passes the ball is thrown off the closest defenders body such as their back/head instead of the ball being simply passed around them.

Ball Awareness - players still seem too unaware of loose balls at times. With balls going off players heads or body and being loose and not being able to simply grab/pick up the ball quickly enough.

Rebounding - there are too many tipped rebounds. You can have your man boxed out and have great position for the rebound and jump for the ball and tip it sometimes 2-3 times and still not be able to grab the ball at all.

These are the things that frustrate me the most in 2k13.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #804
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticats8
Since downloading my NBA Today has been stuck on Wednesday December 12th, anyone else having this problem?
Glad it's not just me. Happening on my PS3.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #805
Rookie

if 2k has plan of the next patch, I want to expect below.

Team-Up member change
This is the biggest problem in this game for me.
We always play 5 man vs 5 AI in Custom Team-Up since 2k9.
In this year, AI Team does'nt change players. Starters keep playing whole of geme.
Because, No Manu, No Ray, No K-Mart, etc...

Need more differense between "simuration" and "normal" of the game-type
I don't feel a differense game-type.
In "sim", I need harder FG%/3PT%, and slower game-tempo.
Now,It tend to become the High Score Game.

Too many Shoot-passing
AI players are trying to pass in shoot motion frequently.
This is ugly...
I think that I should lower its frequently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #806
Rookie

ticats8's Arena

OVR: 2
I'm also on PS3 and its still stuck on Wednesday! So annoying
Old 12-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #807
Just started!

the patch is awesome...the threes are the only problem and the fullcourt passes that create the most insane fastbreaks
Old 12-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #808
Just started!

the fullcourt passes and the insane out of nowhere fastbreaks have got to stop along with the threes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »