Home

NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (2-2-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (2-2-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #41
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (2-2-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMouthHoops
That's because his Def Reb % last season was not good. 16.8%....the same as scrubs like Harangoady and Samardo Samuels....and SF's like Mbah a Moute and Tobias Harris.

It's up to about 20 this season...so his rating is a little low....but not as bad as it seems.

And it's hard to get strongly behind a TT boost when it's pretty clear that he's not even the best big on his own team since the Cavs acquired Speights. Which hasn't really surprised me because TT just isn't very good....no matter how hard Cavs fans try to talk themselves into it.

Chris Grant is a sissy....he caved to an agent's posturing, and passed on Jonas Valanciunas....that was the pick.

He better hope Dion Waiters works out....or in 2 consecutive drafts he will have passed on Valanciunas and Drummond....2 guys who could be centers in the NBA for the next 15 years....and sure would look nice alongside Kyrie.

That ain't good....

But he did the same thing in Atlanta when he was part of the front office who passed on CP3 and Deron to take Marvin Williams....true story.
Clearly haven't watched the Cavs in the last month or so. JV sucks and Drummond is still incredibly raw

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #42
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

JV deserves his offensive awareness rating dropped to 25 for getting tricked by Caron Butler.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandFan
Clearly haven't watched the Cavs in the last month or so. JV sucks and Drummond is still incredibly raw
Nice try...but I watch every Cavs game and I've been to 4 this season in person at The Q...

TT is better than he was, but that's because he was awful. He's an average NBA PF at best...while both Valanciunas and Drummond have the potential to be legit NBA centers.

You don't have to REACH at #4 to find guys like TT...Especially considering where guys like Faried, Ed Davis, and Kevin Seraphin were drafted...or...I don't know....JJ Hickson....

Valanciunas doesn't suck....he's been injured. he sure looked pretty good when I saw him at The Q when the Raps smoked the Cavs a few days before Xmas.

You are kidding yourself if you think that TT is worth more than either of those two guys...if Chris Grant called the Raps and/or Pistons and offered TT for Jonas or Drummond straight up....he'd get LAUGHED off the phone.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #44

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update (2-2-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Valanciunas was a surprise return last night. No way 2k could've predicted it.
Ya, and with Bargnani likely returning tonight, hopefully next roster update has that fixed. Cause can't play with Raptors fully yet cause both Bargnani and JV are injured in the game so that's important parts to team that you can't use.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #45
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update (2-2-13)

I really think Earl Clark needs boosting in rebounding and 3pt shot.

But Jamison and Maybe Meeks are overrated.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #46
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMouthHoops
Nice try...but I watch every Cavs game and I've been to 4 this season in person at The Q...

TT is better than he was, but that's because he was awful. He's an average NBA PF at best...while both Valanciunas and Drummond have the potential to be legit NBA centers.

You don't have to REACH at #4 to find guys like TT...Especially considering where guys like Faried, Ed Davis, and Kevin Seraphin were drafted...or...I don't know....JJ Hickson....

Valanciunas doesn't suck....he's been injured. he sure looked pretty good when I saw him at The Q when the Raps smoked the Cavs a few days before Xmas.

You are kidding yourself if you think that TT is worth more than either of those two guys...if Chris Grant called the Raps and/or Pistons and offered TT for Jonas or Drummond straight up....he'd get LAUGHED off the phone.
Lol mmk

The point is, there was nobody in that draft class besides Kyrie. Not one other person from that class will become an all-star. Count on it. I'm happy with TT he's got loads of potential as we've seen from his improvement this year.

I'm sure I'm biased but I look at how he's been playing lately, and everyone else from that class...I'm not sure I would trade him for anyone else in that class. Seriously. Faried is decent but has already peaked. JV is just not a good player. Klay Thompson is good, he might be the only one I'd consider. Or maybe Kawhi Leonard. You get the point. The class just sucked.

And last year, no matter who the Cavs picked it would have been a reach.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandFan
Lol mmk

The point is, there was nobody in that draft class besides Kyrie. Not one other person from that class will become an all-star. Count on it. I'm happy with TT he's got loads of potential as we've seen from his improvement this year.

I'm sure I'm biased but I look at how he's been playing lately, and everyone else from that class...I'm not sure I would trade him for anyone else in that class. Seriously. Faried is decent but has already peaked. JV is just not a good player. Klay Thompson is good, he might be the only one I'd consider. Or maybe Kawhi Leonard. You get the point. The class just sucked.

And last year, no matter who the Cavs picked it would have been a reach.
No...that's really NOT the point. The point is to take the best player...and that wasn't, isn't, and won't be TT.

I said it when they drafted him, I'm not sure he is better than the Morris twins who outplayed him in college in the Big 12. And nothing he has done has shown me he will be. Sure TT has put up better STATS...because he plays for the Cavs who have fielded what is basically a NBDL team the last 2 seasons minus Kyrie and Varejao - despite the Comic Sans-fonted promises of Dan Gilbert post-"Decision".

I guess you don't watch much basketball....because I insta-trade Tristan Thompson for...

Enes Kanter (who was off the board in fairness to the Cavs)
Jonas V
Klay Thompson
Nilola Vucevic
Kawhi Leonard
Ken Faried
Chandler Parsons

If it weren't for position I'd add Knight and Kemba to that list...

And I'm still not sure TT is better than either Morris twin...just because they haven't played as many minutes as he has...because they are on better teams....and because of how they play with their ability to knock down jump shots.

Thompson's inability to do this means he has to play some minutes as an undersized C or the Cavs need to find a big man with some midrange game to pair with him...because we saw pairing TT with another non-jumpshooter doesn't work when he played alongside Varejao.

And no...I don't think that's Tyler Zeller...another player overvalued by desperate Cavs fans who WANT to drink the Kool-Aid. Don't get me started on him...he's a 7-footer who shoots 41% and doesn't rebound well. LOL.

Like you, I am a Cavs fan...but unlike you, I'm just not blindly drinking the Cleveland Optimism Kool Aid.

BTW - If Vucevic continues to get better...he will be an All Star at one point in his career. And throwing a 7-footer like Jonas under the bus this soon in his career is a mistake. I saw him in person over a month ago VS the Cavs and he will be a good one.

Plus it would have been nice to have a Lithuanian-born player like Jonas in a city like Cleveland with a large and tradition-rich Lithuanian community.....like it was to have Zydrunas Ilgauskas here for years.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #48
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

No. Just no.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »