Home

NBA 2K14: Attribute Changes Needed

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Attribute Changes Needed within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14: Attribute Changes Needed

One thing that needs to be addressed is the "Shoot off dribble" attribute. Far too many players have too higher rating for this attribute because players in general shoot a much lower percentage from jump shots that aren't assisted on. Only Point Guards and supreme scorers like Kobe, Carmelo, Durant, Dirk, etc are really able to score with any consistency off the dribble but yet on 2k scoring roleplayers can kill you off the dribble by running into space and jacking up shots.

Look at Danny Green in the NBA Finals. First 5 games he was left wide open and shot 65% from 3pt range, but when the Heat paid him extra attention and he was forced to try and score off the dribble he wound up shooting 1-12. Even Kevin Durant shoots 27% from mid-range over the past 3 years on mid-range shots that aren't assisted on.

I think this attribute is one of the catalysts for why so many cheesey shots are made and yet there isn't even a slider to negate it's overall effect.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfrikan
I want an option for a serious association mode... 10 day contracts, D-League for actual devolpment, Vets taking pay cuts for money, Technical fouls. Better free agency, I want to know why he is/isnt considering my team compared to others (market/money/championship contender). I would love to have a very realistic association mode. Maybe have 2 modes arcade association (like the current one) and Hard core that includes everything like the real league.

Get rid of all these players getting upset about play time. I understand some players do but not most of them. I signed a free agent midway through the season due to injury and he gets upset due to low playing time, just a week ago he was unemployed. If a player is signed midway through the season he should know he is filling a hole not being a starter. Also if i sign you as a bench warmer dont get mad when you are a bench warmer. Even more so if you are laid back and very loyal.

Maybe make different draft classes that some are weak, some strong, love to have a little backstory on players. scouting should only be about potential, since todays age everyone knows everything else about a players physical attributes and percentages from the field in college
10 days are in the game.
illegal defense is a technical foul.
They could add flagrant 1/2/3 fouls. all they have to do is tie this into the hard fouls. and add the suspensions.

agree with the diverse draft classes. An uber/elite type of player shouldnt exist in every draft.

practice in association mode should include practicing certain plays for certain opponents. plays that are practiced should get a ratings boost during game play. and of course have something that counters this. maybe include practicing defensive plays to stop certain players etc.

prospects ratings should be fleshed out more. a simple grade isnt good enough. and prospects improvement should be based on a number of factors.

players attitude should not only include playing time, but should include the number of touches and shots they get per game. some players under perform or get upset because they arent getting enough shots.

improve the d-league aspect of the game. Id like to see weekly updates from d-league performances, if I dont play the games
Old 06-27-2013, 01:47 AM   #35
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
^ Ten day contracts are in the game.
True I been sleep Good lookin
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2013, 03:32 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2
I've always thought they should steal a page out of Live's book. I remember back in Live 09 they had separate attributes for pass lane defense, help defense, fighting over screens, etc. It really gave defensive players much more value.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #37
Just started!

through the years NBA 2K promised better passing and interception but they failed every time.

PASSING IN 2K IS ONE DIMENSIONAL.

it was annoying and frustrating because it destroys the flow and enjoyment of the game, defenders are like psychics knowing where the ball is going to go.. you just hit the steal button, then thats it! we should take into consider the many aspects of passing like, different kinds of passing, speed of the ball, the awareness of the player receiving, the capability of the passer, the defender, angles etc. Players like Robert Sacre can have 10 steals a game just like CP3, all players in 2k are very active. 2K dev. always say dont play video game, play basketball. I cant feel that thing whenever I play.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #38
Rookie

cstatecash3's Arena

OVR: 4
I still think that there should be a rating where if a player gets called for a foul....certain players like rasheed wallace in the past should argue with the ref and get a Tech. It gives a risk now to sign a better player who might explode and get T's and could hurt your team.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #39
Just started!

OVR: 6
YES. I shouldn't have to turn off player roles to do the rotation I want to do. Certain players should be bothered by me not starting them and some (like Ginobili) shouldn't give two craps whether they come off the bench or not.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #40
Banned

Goodydog's Arena

OVR: 1
I think a better improvement would be the incorporation of an in-game comments option that could occur during timeouts or quarterly breaks. The option would be presented in a manner similar to the post game comments, but the result could impact player performance and team chemistry immediately. Telling a teammate to focus on crashing the boards, to be more aggressive offensively (taking an open jump shot), or to take fewer shots, would enhance gameplay.

Also, signature skills could affect the effectiveness of your comments (floor gen, or on-the-floor coach could increase the effect of your comments), or a defensively/offensively focused skill set could have a greater effect defensively/offensively (if you are a stronger defensive player, your defensive suggestions would have a greater impact as opposed to your offensive suggestions).

This type of improvement would give players a greater sense of control, and provide a more realistic experience that would increase the simulation immersion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »