Home

my career in nba 2k14

This is a discussion on my career in nba 2k14 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2013, 01:54 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: my career in nba 2k14

Since its initial inception, the mode has shifted from a "rags to riches" style to more of a "pampered young star". I believe it's because most casual players didn't like the grind of doing all of the summer league and d league stuff. In 2k10, your player started at around a 40. While in 13, your player started at around 70 and getting endorsements/big minutes/etc shortly after being drafted.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #18
Pro

Mercury53's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaZart
Since its initial inception, the mode has shifted from a "rags to riches" style to more of a "pampered young star". I believe it's because most casual players didn't like the grind of doing all of the summer league and d league stuff. In 2k10, your player started at around a 40. While in 13, your player started at around 70 and getting endorsements/big minutes/etc shortly after being drafted.
I would like the option to work hard and make it to the NBA, or be a high school phenom like LeBron, Kobe, etc. It's always nice to have a choice on what type of player you want to be, an superstar rookie or a hard working second round pick that makes it big on determination.
NFL - Philadelphia Eagles
MLS - Seattle Sounders

Old 08-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #19
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't care to waste my time in a Summer league. You hardly have time for your NBA Career with all the other stuff in the game. Before you know it, the new NBA 2K is coming out.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 08-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #20
Rookie

Andrews's Arena

OVR: 2

I also very much enjoyed the 3 game draft combine and Summer / D leagues and would like to see them come back. 2K11 was my first basketball video game and I was not a very good player, to say the least. So I ended up in the D leagues to improve my skills and learn how to play. I still remember the gratification of being called up to an NBA team and offered a contract. The contrast between being in the D leagues and stepping out into an NBA game was very cool. So, I think that adding back the more involved “Road to the Show” type aspect to the my-career game would be a good thing. It improves the character story (e.g., a player coming out of no-where to lead a team to a championship) that makes the game more fun.

This option also allows that if you suck in the NBA, they can send you down to the D Leagues, instead of just mindlessly increasing your minutes no matter how you play. It seems to me that this was in 2K11 and taken out of 2K12 / 13 where the emphasis is on you being the team’s star player regardless of how you play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »