Home

NBA 2K14 Achievement List Reveals Crew Mode

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Achievement List Reveals Crew Mode within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #33
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2k14 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
but you haven't heard about gameplay yet Dave! If that is important to you it might be enough to sway you.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed bro!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Spot on my friend.

Unfortunately, anything post 2003 I have little interest in, NBA wise, especially anything involving LBJ. (Sorry, yes. I'm one of THOSE guys. )

I fear legendary/classic teams, although included this year, will have little or no change to them whatsoever which is almost criminal really when you look at how great the modding community has done with retro rosters - it's looking like I'll have stick to 2k13 if nothing substantial changes. Especially now us poor PS3 users can finally modify rosters with Reditor.

I guess we shall see what unfolds over the coming weeks.
How long have you been watching the NBA?
Old 08-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #35
Fighting a War & Gaming

8and9's Arena

OVR: 9

Looks like 2K's secret code announcement is ruined for most, ha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Achievement List Reveals Crew Mode

Indifferent to Crew really, never really cared for the cheese in that mode. It was fun if it was perfect and it was inconsistent.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Spot on my friend.

Unfortunately, anything post 2003 I have little interest in, NBA wise, especially anything involving LBJ. (Sorry, yes. I'm one of THOSE guys. )

I fear legendary/classic teams, although included this year, will have little or no change to them whatsoever which is almost criminal really when you look at how great the modding community has done with retro rosters - it's looking like I'll have stick to 2k13 if nothing substantial changes. Especially now us poor PS3 users can finally modify rosters with Reditor.

I get where you're coming from. I see several people like yourself and others who have fun with editing rosters feel left out if there isn't vast improvements year-to-year with NBA 2K offline modes. The thing is though, a great number of people nowadays just aren't as dedicated to playing offline modes as they are to playing online modes. 1st and foremost I don't think this is a matter of 2K favoring online vs offline fans, it's 2K acknowledging a great mode that was probably the most fun(the people have spoken) and entertaining mode in a sports video game.

I for one believe that it should have never been gone for so long in the first place. I can understand if there were hiccups and glitches that needed to be addressed, but the game mode was omitted from the entire game for 2 years. Now I've been an Operation Sports guy for awhile and I've read several comments over the years where people will say "I don't care much for playing online" or "I never played crew, and so what if it's gone, 2k is better offline" or this one "There's nothing but cheesers and hackers online, so there's no point in playing these modes, I'll stick to playing with my friends offline" which just leaves me dumbfounded because even playing offline with your friends you can get cheesed! Unless you're playing by "House Rules" i mean there's no way you can make the next person abide by your morals to play "fair". Online with your crew, Myplayer Blacktop, online association, Ranked Matches, Myteam matches are fun because you meet different people with different styles. After awhile, you start to see just about every tactic possible so you know what to expect.

I say to those who really feel like 2k doesn't try to make vast improvements to all aspects of their game, challenge them. I mean if 2k can pull out crew mode for 2 years and then bring it back because of popular demand, ask 2k to remove one of your favorite modes for a year or 2...see how long you guys last...see how frustrating it is to have to not be able to play the mode you love best. Hit these forums like maniacs and knock on LD2K's and Ronnie2K's twitter feeds demanding there be change...and maybe...just maybe 2k will listen and bring back your precious mode back into the next iteration of its basketball game with the improvements hat will make you guys happy.

~ENd Rant~
Old 08-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Spot on my friend.

Ha, yes, I knew the prospect of post-2003 classics wouldn't do anything for you either. I was going to mention that.

That aside, I'm with you in regards to the other retros. I love that they exist in the first place, but lately it's felt a little like an open canvas being neglected. I admit to feeling like 2K13's direction outside of on-the-court gameplay kind of went in the complete opposite direction I desire in 2K13 and I'm hopeful some balance is struck this season. But as you said, the achievement list doesn't exactly provide much encouragement in that regard.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 Achievement List Reveals Crew Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by iClutch
Indifferent to Crew really, never really cared for the cheese in that mode. It was fun if it was perfect and it was inconsistent.
Dave, do you see my point???

Old 08-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #40
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
How long have you been watching the NBA?
Since the early 90's. Watching full games before that was difficult due to being in the UK.

I don't watch the game much today, it just doesn't have the same spark it used to. Spend most of my time watching retro games from the 80's and 90's.

@ VDusen - haha, I'm getting far too predictable!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »