Home

NBA 2K14 Achievement List Reveals Crew Mode

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Achievement List Reveals Crew Mode within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #41
Rookie

HakeemOlajuwon's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 Achievement List Reveals Crew Mode

Quote:
Both Feet on the Ground
Sign an endorsement contract with either NikeŽ or Jordan in MyCAREER mode.
Oh no again...
why can't we choose others brands?
i thought the affiliation with nicekicks would have changed something in My Career mode...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #42
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Dave, do you see my point???

True, but I'm admittedly one of those annoying guys also. I want to play the game as realistically as possible - if it can't be done by conventional means then I just won't touch the mode. Online is practically a no go zone for me outside 2 or 3 guys whom I know play legit.

It's each to their own at the end of the day. Crew is def something I have zero interest in, and I can't say i'm looking forward to LBJ PTG either. Hopefully they'll be something left for us 'other' guys when the dust settles.

I'm glad you gents got what you wanted though, hope you enjoy it.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2k14 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Now I've been an Operation Sports guy for awhile and I've read several comments over the years where people will say "I don't care much for playing online" or "I never played crew, and so what if it's gone, 2k is better offline" or this one "There's nothing but cheesers and hackers online, so there's no point in playing these modes, I'll stick to playing with my friends offline" which just leaves me dumbfounded because even playing offline with your friends you can get cheesed! Unless you're playing by "House Rules" i mean there's no way you can make the next person abide by your morals to play "fair". Online with your crew, Myplayer Blacktop, online association, Ranked Matches, Myteam matches are fun because you meet different people with different styles.
With respect, there's a lot of gamers who just prefer a controlled environment. I dip into online 2K each year and time and again, it becomes clear it's not what I want out of my experience. I enjoy playing how I want to play against an opponent I'll always be able to rely upon. I do not have friends who play NBA 2K and I do not particularly wish to develop online 2K friends. I just want to play at my own speed and in my own regard. I respect those who do enjoy meeting different 2K people and different 2K styles, but I feel it'd be shortsighted to assume that's what everyone's looking for when playing a videogame, yes?

That said, when it comes down to it, I'm not adverse to playing against my little brothers in a head to head game when I visit back home. But then, there's a little more comfort and certainty there because if he does do something annoying (repeated spin dunks) I can quickly say, "Dude..." and it stops. Online, that certainty doesn't exist and even when playing against opponents I respected and trusted, then I'd be worried as to whether I myself was not glitching the game somehow. It's just not a great experience for me.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-14-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #44
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

I know that 2k likes to use the same achievements/trophies but it was never the same little icon these are the achievements from 2k13
Old 08-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm always gonna be excited for a 2K game, but now I'm really excited for 2K14. My first 2K game was 2K11 and I decided to skip Crew. Now I don't get why I did and I can't wait to play it. I hope the Developer Insights come soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #46
Banned

I'm actually on your side when it comes to including classic teams and legends. I feel like it's 2k's duty to include these classic teams so that the casual fan and the hardcore remember where basketball started from. Lebron James didn't just become an overnight sensation..Kobe Bryant EARNED himself the name the black Mamba...They all learned from watching the generation before them do it. Jordan and Magic and Bird grew up watching Connie Hawkins, Elgin Baylor And Dr.J....and so on and so on...
It's only right that 2K should include legends that came before Lebrons time. I would definitely be up for an inlcusion of greats like:

The return of Dr.J

Reggie Miller

Bill Russell

The Round mound of Rebound
aka Sir Charles Barkley

Chris Webber

Or...Go the madden route, and take a look back in every season and have every team that stood out for that season....example...01 KIngs..01 sixers, 01 Lakers 01 bucks and the 2001 raptors....or lets say you wanna go further back, you could have the 88' Pistons the 88' Lakers and the 88' Celtics.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #47
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2k14 Achievements

So crew mode is back...that's cool, I never played it back when it first came out, me and a few friends was going to try it but the online for 2K back then was horrendous. I will say I had fun with the blacktop online using my player, but it was only for a little bit. Personally, I really want Association mode beefed up, and would like to see my career improvements like summer league, training camp, draft combine and D-League as was in 2k10 return. (would like to see all that implemented into Association as well). Association just needs the bulk of the enhancements when it comes to game modes since for years it's been stale and neglected. Just my 2 cents on the matter but that's here nor there so, glad to see crew has returned for those that love it.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

sweet. crew returns, and now 2k goes from no buy, to MUST BUY.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »