Home

NBA 2K14 Official Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Official Trailer and Screenshots within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #81
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14 Official Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by concolt
I didn't see any HD shoes, they look the same always.
They were less blurry IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #82
Pro

OVR: 10

Damn I was hoping not to see those ridiculous chase rebound shot animations after a jumpshot...... o well I hope its not overdone like last year.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #83
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbfn04
Did people expect the game to look completly different? It's the end of current gen, graphics are maxed out...
That's an excuse for when people want stuff enhanced like crowds, HD-everything, like shoes and all, but this is jerseys and colors, a simple recolor/re adjusting a hex color code in the roster that makes so much of a difference. I get that 2K follows Style guides but look at MLB, im sure both of those followed the guides but we all know which jerseys looked better.

Tap Tap Tapatalking away from my iPhone
Old 08-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
HD shoes finally! I think I was more impressed with the signature stuff. That 360 layup by Ellis was signature sickness. I like how they sprinkled in a recap of the playoffs to finals to all the player movement

Iggy, Ellis, Jennings, Dwight, KG, Pierce, Josh Smith, World Peace all shown on new teams. The only team they probably missed was the Pelicans with Tyreke and Holiday.
My man those shoes don't look HD to me. Shoes are hit and miss with 2k some look better recreated than others IMO
Old 08-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 0

Looks like 2k13 with an updated roster, a few new shoes (that will undoubtedly not be assigned to players, but defaults instead), and some new animations. This has me disappointed.

Sure, blocked dunks are a needed addition, but I feel it'll be overpowered initially, with guys like Dwight and Larry Sanders blocking EVERYTHING near them. n

And graphically it looks the same. It didn't need to be an overwhelming change, but I expected WAY more cyberfaces to be updated, as well as a general polish added to the models and shoes. Instead it looks like 90% of what was in 2k13 graphically was taken to current-gen 2k14, with only cyberface changes to guys who fans made it known needed to be changed.

I'll definitely give the demo a look though, because I'm not sure whether I'm going the next-gen or current gen direction, and I do know that 2k14 will be solid. I just feel the current gen product has declined since 2k11, and right now I don't get the feeling it'll be any different. Right now though I need to see what they're offering for next-gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 0

Like a lot of people have already said looks essentially just like 2k13 with an updated roster, which honestly with yearly games you come to expect, so no big deal, but just a few little changes would have been nice, especially with updating accessories a bit, looks like unless I missed it they still haven't added in the tights that pretty much every other players wears now. Just little simple add ins and changes that would have improved on 2k13.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 Official Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyberkayos
Was it just me? Those flashy passes looked like the same animations that I've been seeing from 2k13.
Some of the fancy pass animations were in the game already. I believe you can choose to do a flashy pass in 2k14, as in LT+pass performs a no-look pass.

If I was designing the game, I would make that pass less likely to be stolen, but more likely to be bobbled by your teammate. Who knows how they will implement it, though.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 1

As much as I want to get hype for this trailer, I just can't. Not to the fault of 2k but because of how close to the release of next-gen we are. I have my Launch day PS4 paid for in full and I know the release date of it. I'm just ready for next gen and I'm patiently waiting (unbearably) for news on NBA 2k14 on the PS4. I understand that they're trying to get in the sales for the game on 10/1 but to be honest that is not the game or date looking at. Especially since, GTA 5 will be in my console for all of September and October is when GTA Online is live. NBA 2k14 is not a game I'm thinking about till 11/15 or when they start giving us actual in depth information next-gen NBA 2k14. I'm pretty sure there are a lot more people who feel the same as well. Cool trailer but that all it is to me, cool. I'm definitely ready for more than a quote and pre-alpha trailer from June.

NBA: Los Angeles Lakers & Brooklyn Nets
MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: New England Patriots
NHL: Vancouver Canucks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »