Home

NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2013, 02:06 AM   #1153
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha.Pink.Pantha
I have a theory.

It's pretty easy to get open on this game if you're attributes are right. I'm assuming by what you said that you are playing solid offense as a shooter so you're getting a lot of open looks. Too many open looks for the 2K algorithm's liking, lol. They simply can't let you make 8 3's in a row. I've had great shooters get like 8 open looks a quarter and just can't make more than 3 in a row. And the wide open ones hurt the most cause the 90s should almost guarantee those.

Dang, I'm becoming an OS'er.
Oh, I know this. I know that if I've made two shots in a row with someone- in any game mode.. it's really unlikely I'll make the third shot.

It's the opposite of what should happen.. so what I tend to do is pass the ball to someone else or try to attack the basket instead of take another jumper.

Like you said, 2k just doesn't want that to happen so it forces a miss most times.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:04 AM   #1154
Rookie

OVR: 7

So, my guy's on the Hawks, I became a starter in my 9th game and I'm averaging 20 and 7 in 9 games, but I requested a trade after game 6 since our team is seriously awful, even with Millsap and Horford. So my question to you guys is, do you think its more worth it to get good stats and be a star right away on a garbage team or to work your way up with a playoff squad?
Old 11-17-2013, 05:36 AM   #1155
Rookie

OVR: 0

After a heartbreaking loss to the Thunder in a 3-2 series losing at home, the Pelicans were crushed. However my spirits were lifted when the GM listened to my off season suggestion and signed Kobe Bryant (he was on the Warriors the year before). No idea how long Kobe has left given it's my third and contract year but I'm making it my mission to get him his 6th ring. Eric Gordon will probably be shipped at some point if I can have it happen but a back up backcourt of Jrue and Gorden is insane along with Kobe and I starting.

I had planned to sim my third season entirely and just foul out key games but this added storyline boosted my interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavy23
So, my guy's on the Hawks, I became a starter in my 9th game and I'm averaging 20 and 7 in 9 games, but I requested a trade after game 6 since our team is seriously awful, even with Millsap and Horford. So my question to you guys is, do you think its more worth it to get good stats and be a star right away on a garbage team or to work your way up with a playoff squad?

Three years in and I'm an 81 overall and still able to take over games when I need to. I'd say working your way up on a playoff squad is more fun to me because you can do less work with more talent. Plus when your contract comes up, you might be tempted to want to build your own legacy as the star and by then have the stats to do it.

Last edited by Inzombniac; 11-17-2013 at 05:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #1156
MVP

Taer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
My GM just traded Kevin Love for Blake Griffin. Straight man for man trade.

Think about this.

I don't even want to continue this play-through now.

Well, I started my 5th PG and this time I got selected by the Spurs. The Spurs are actually playing like the Spurs in this play through and we are up 2-0.

The Memphis game was a close game but the Spurs came together in the fourth and made crucial stops when they needed to. Ginobli also had a 30 point game and Duncan did his thing in the Paint. I even had two steals so I made the most of my 10 minutes of play.

We blew the Lakers out. They even put me on Kobe in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Even though Kobe got his, I got mine as well.

I am expecting a long losing streak next time I load the game up but I must admit, these last two games really were fun, not because I had monster numbers and played hero ball but because both games really felt plausible.

Maybe me playing on the Wolves was not meant to be this year; breaks a 4 year custom.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #1157
MVP

Taer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavy23
... So my question to you guys is, do you think its more worth it to get good stats and be a star right away on a garbage team or to work your way up with a playoff squad?
It really depends on what you enjoy.

In the NG MyCareer it looks like they force you to work your way up the rotation, no matter which team you are drafted to or your numbers in the showcase.

I was very frustrated this year as compared to before, this year it seemed I was fighting everything on my Wolves play through. Usually, it is just playing a big that gets me frustrated but this year as I said in the above post, it just is not meant to be.

So now I am trying a stint on the Spurs. We'll see how it goes.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #1158
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm gonna bite the bullet and just sim through the last 28 games of my season and into the playoffs.

So, yeah, that didn't work; it didn't sim anything at all, it effectively ended the season right there at 54 games.

Last edited by nova91; 11-17-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #1159
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbb643
Can someone give me a good release to use?
Chris Paul's is my favorite- really easy for me. But seriously, it depends on personal preference. Play quick games with various teams and see whose release you like best.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #1160
MVP

Taer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
I'm gonna bite the bullet and just sim through the last 28 games of my season and into the playoffs.

So, yeah, that didn't work; it didn't sim anything at all, it effectively ended the season right there at 54 games.
I am sorry to hear this. As I understand the bug, it occurs if you take part in the dunk contest. Is there a way you can just skip the dunk contest? Perhaps the rest of the season will occur then?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »