Home

NBA 2k14 Dribbling Questions and Tips

This is a discussion on NBA 2k14 Dribbling Questions and Tips within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k14's Dribbling questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
are euros AWAY-left/right? or just left/right? because in training camp it says it's just left/right of the basket
Euros are supposed to be away left/right. Training camp is incorrect. Although it usually works just going left or right since the windows are so big. That won't be the case in NG though.
I'm guessing the New vs. Current controls look something like this:

Old 10-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #90
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I'm guessing the New vs. Current controls look something like this:

Exactly like that. In fact, I wanted a diagram like that put in the manual.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #91
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2k14 Dribbling Questions and Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
Oh okay, again thank you beluba for taking time out of your very busy day, and I personally wanted to ask you three questions regarding dribbling.

With some moves I notice I'm not exploding into a launch(maybe i missed the launch window) but the ball handler will go into a jog, and this happens when I want to launch with the hand the ball is in, crossover launches are fine tho. Is it something I'm doing or is the job a new launch as I did a crossover out of it. I know this sounds confusing.

Also How many dribbling moves are in the game this is something I always wondered.

And I guess I'll ask this same question again this year are you happy with the new dribbling system? I am lol.
It's hard to say without being able to see the exact move (animation) you're doing and what you're doing on the sticks. One thing that's a bit different from last year, I now require you to hold Turbo in order to get a hard launch from all standing sizeup moves... whereas last year, in some of them you just had to move the LS. Maybe you're not holding turbo or holding turbo too late? You gotta make sure turbo is held before you deflect the LS.

A little over 400.

Happy with the dribbling system? I'm never happy. Happier though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #92
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I actually love that picks are on B/CIRCLE now. It's completely consistent with what B/CIRCLE does on off-ball offense-- you set a pick. On-ball, it now *calls* for a pick. Makes perfect sense.

That sounds perfect.

An idea came as a result of the new controls-- now that LT is a pass modifier: LT-A is bounce pass, LT-X is alley-oop, LT-RS is flashy pass, seems like LT-Y would be the perfect mapping for manual lob pass:

1. Y has been the post up button for a few years. It's easy to associate LT-Y as the command to pass to someone in the post.

2. Y is also the jump button, which we usually remember by its placement on the face button diamond. It's easy to associate LT-Y as a pass upwards.

3. Finally LT-Y mirrors LT-A perfectly. LT-A is a bounce pass directed at the ground, and coincidentally uses the bottom-most button of the face buttons. LT-Y as a lob-pass into the air would be consistent with that mnemonic, with Y being the topmost button.

We've been asking for lob passes for years, and suggestions on how to fit it into the existing control scheme have always been awkward. In the new scheme, lob passes seem to have an open and perfect spot waiting to be mapped to.
Yes Beluba can you get this in. It adds another dynamic for post entry passes which we do sort of have in 2k14 but we don't have any control over it. It also adds another opportunity for another realistic rotation on defense.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:49 AM   #93
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Exactly like that. In fact, I wanted a diagram like that put in the manual.
That would have been really helpful.

I think it's cool that 2K is willing to go out of the box and map moves in windows alignments beyond the usual simplistic cardinal directions.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:29 AM   #94
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
It's hard to say without being able to see the exact move (animation) you're doing and what you're doing on the sticks. One thing that's a bit different from last year, I now require you to hold Turbo in order to get a hard launch from all standing sizeup moves... whereas last year, in some of them you just had to move the LS. Maybe you're not holding turbo or holding turbo too late? You gotta make sure turbo is held before you deflect the LS.

A little over 400.

Happy with the dribbling system? I'm never happy. Happier though.
Yeah I think that was it me missing the launch window.

I'm pretty sure you already have new ways to improve the system, maybe next gen will allow you to do more?????
Old 10-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #95
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Beluba,

If you decide to go spin moves on left stick I think you would still have to have a spin shot on the right stick. Still have to distinguish between the spin and continue to dribble and the spin shot where you have no live dribble. The only downside I can see is trying to do a cross, cross, spin with two thumbs not as intuitive as being on one thumb. That is a complicated move maybe not that many use it. I am trying to remember but I think this all used to be possible on left stick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 01:45 AM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 3
Question Re: NBA 2k14 Dribbling Questions and Tips

Seems like the stutter step while moving has two different animation which is messing me up when driving. Sometimes it's a quick step animation and other times it a slow one handed few dribble in place one. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if both different animated moves should have it own seperate commands. Thanks.

Anyone?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »