Home

NBA 2K16 PC Patch #3 Available, Details Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 PC Patch #3 Available, Details Included within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2016, 09:50 PM   #65
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 PC Patch #3 Available, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bonner
So this game is on sale and it seems like this patch was a big deal, is it as good as previous? I honestly have no problem continuing to play 2k14 (i got a pretty sweet fantasy draft league shaping up).

It's confusing because the reviews on Steam are so bad but it seems like it seems mostly people mad about a story game starring a black guy instead of the fully customized "you" for MyPlayer. I mean I can understand that the whole point of MyPlayer is to have a customizable player, and that's a valid criticism, but it seems like the primary outrage is about "racism" even though there's billions of games out there that force everyone to play as the grizzled white male protagonist, but these guys are the same people who hate when you point that out and why they are on the warpath about stuff like this, but I digress. IDGAF about MyPlayer and never have since I was regularly dropping 70 on 2k14. I'm a 30 team franchise guy.

Or its those guys mad cuz they lost a game because something random happened like what happens in real ball (eg russ blew a layup and Some Guy hit a contested three for the win etc).

But all the bitching about bugs makes me pause. Also, will they have it on sale during ASW too? I don't really want to spend money this month lol.
The story line is a little cheesy but as you note getting hung up on that is a little hypocritical at best. If that isn't an issue I think you will be happy with the game.

I've played the crap out of it and have two MyCareers going.

The important thing is the game underneath and I find it to be the best so far. If they would ever let us just watch the MyGM games the way a real GM would I wouldn't have anything to complain about BUT the cheesy storyline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2016, 08:50 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 PC Patch #3 Available, Details Included

Leave it to Steam reviews to focus on that stupid crap about MyCareer and not the serious problems with the online modes.

The real reason why the game deserves a mixed or negative review is the rampant cheating in MyPark and Pro-Am, along with miserable support for the PC platform in general. I've heard mixed reviews of MyTeam as well, but I don't know much about that mode.

If you buy the game for single-player stuff then I think you'll probably enjoy it. Venturing into MyPark can be rough and requires you to deal with players ranging from those who will flagrantly cheat with their 7'7'' ogres, to those who subtly alter their stats without changing their OVR and everything in between.

Pro-AM is really fun, but the PC population is so small it can be hard to get a game without friending people who play in Europe or using a VPN to get over there. The region locking on PC really hurts the game with its dwindling population.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »