Home

Playmakers 360 Sliders Baseline/Press Cam Views

This is a discussion on Playmakers 360 Sliders Baseline/Press Cam Views within the NBA Live Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live > NBA Live Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-05-2006, 12:37 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Playmakers 360 Sliders Baseline/Press Cam Views

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
On the player lock side of it, do you HAVE to control the PG? Or can you play with someone else and still get the same effect?
I've only used the PG so far because I wanted to control the ball the most. I'll test it out tonight using the other posistion and see if it still perfoms solid that way.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:34 PM   #34
Rookie

rawdawg71's Arena

OVR: 2

Well Playmakers all I'm going to say is "U Are Da Man"!! Live360 plays alot better with Ur Sliders and Playbooks!! I'm getting awesome Simulated results in all gameplay, Stats, Substitutions, Fouls, All-Stars AI, and the overall Team Cpu AI.

The Player Lock Idea is brilliant for this game! It's feels like U are actually on the court running plays and getting the ball to ur AI teammates, and watching them perform moves and hitting big shots on their own is a thing of beauty!!!

Thanks Playmakers for all the time and effort in giving us a better basketball Sim. experience in Nba Live360!! Now it's Madden Turn!!
Old 01-05-2006, 02:56 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg71
Well Playmakers all I'm going to say is "U Are Da Man"!! Live360 plays alot better with Ur Sliders and Playbooks!! I'm getting awesome Simulated results in all gameplay, Stats, Substitutions, Fouls, All-Stars AI, and the overall Team Cpu AI.

The Player Lock Idea is brilliant for this game! It's feels like U are actually on the court running plays and getting the ball to ur AI teammates, and watching them perform moves and hitting big shots on their own is a thing of beauty!!!

Thanks Playmakers for all the time and effort in giving us a better basketball Sim. experience in Nba Live360!! Now it's Madden Turn!!

Thanks man.

I should be hitting Madden this weekend. Hopefully I can get sliders up within a week. My Cowboys let me down so I haven't been too much into the football mood lately.....

As for Live it's a pretty good game as I mentioned several times already. You just have to be patient with these games and figure them out first. It's not perfect but you can actually turn it into a solid basketball game but it takes work.

I'm loving the Player Lock feature for that exact same reason you described. I can see my AI teammates using moves and shots that I wasn't able to pull off on my own. I love watchingmy AI Dirk Nowitzki come off a high screen and drill a deep mid range jumper. His SIG shot is awesome and you can see it up close even more with Player Lock. On the other hand Shawn Marion's shot looks UGLYYYYYYY.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2006, 03:11 PM   #36
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Really enjoying the game in both modes now...player lock and 5 on 5.

The flow, spacing, play sets are all so much better thanks to your hard work PM

The game can't be made perfect...but you've changed it from one I was about to give up on to one I am playing each evening after work and looking forward to playing.

Very, very nice work
Old 01-05-2006, 05:21 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 2

PM have you played Houston yet?

I have faced them twice already and both games T-Mac seems to dominate the ball. My only gripe is Yao will touch it but not shoot often he kicks it back out to T-Mac or another perimeter player. Do you think that setting the defensive pressure to high on post players like Yao force them to shoot less and pass more?

I did play Miami with Shaq and had defensive pressure on default and he shot like 14 times plus 6 FT's and Portland kept feeding Zach Randolph on default pressure defense but when I assigned high pressure vs Yao he didn't shoot the ball. Have you noticed the difference during your gameplay?
Old 01-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realdeal
PM have you played Houston yet?

I have faced them twice already and both games T-Mac seems to dominate the ball. My only gripe is Yao will touch it but not shoot often he kicks it back out to T-Mac or another perimeter player. Do you think that setting the defensive pressure to high on post players like Yao force them to shoot less and pass more?

I did play Miami with Shaq and had defensive pressure on default and he shot like 14 times plus 6 FT's and Portland kept feeding Zach Randolph on default pressure defense but when I assigned high pressure vs Yao he didn't shoot the ball. Have you noticed the difference during your gameplay?

I haven't noticed that problem but I've only test played Houston once since creating the sliders. The Man Defensive Pressure assignments are OPTIONAL. You can get tons of open looks in the game that's why I boosted up ON BALL PHYSICAL D. Sometimes if you don't mess with DEFENSIVE PRESSURE you could go almost 2 QTR's without seeing a perimeter foul or reach in foul and that's called very often in NBA.

Heck a guy like Kobe get's touch fouls called for him all the time. I was shooting to put teams in the bonus situation close to the end of each period and try to get FT's around 25-30 per game or else you'll just go up and down the court shooting. The settings help to keep shot totals down to around 75-80. I kinda off off topic but that was my reasoning behind the defensive sliders and foul settings.

I'll have to test out Yao later and see what he does but if your bringing double teams that could have been a reason why he passed back out so much.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:00 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Looks like the higher speeds are best used for Player Lock...
I set the speed to 80 for Player Lock and the Broadcast camera didn't really loose much of the action. Fast Breaks didn't get out of hand and I could see the entire floor pretty good playing transistion defense. I'm more and more convinced that EA created that camera to show off the game but it's only playable at best using the Player Lock feature.

I was going to create seperate sliders for that feature but the FRONT PAGE is pretty solid you might just have to make minor tweaks to gameplay. I would say going up or down 5-10 clicks should solve any problems that you might encounter with any one slider. I'm pretty happy with these so that should wrap it up. As I mentioned before the best way to really setup everything is with two controllers. The Playbooks can be saved and carried into each game but the other setups I listed for gameplay will be easier with a second controller. I noticed that sometimes if I went to switch up something for the CPU after the game has already started if you switch the controller over to their side to make a change they will convert over to your teams settings and then both teams will be running the same plays. Maybe auto save is the cause of this problem.... But it's best to make the changes quickly before opening tip off if your using one controller.

Hopefully these sliders will allow some of you to enjoy the game a little more. Anyone that doesn't have the game or gave up on the game earlier should atleast try to rent it and give it a shot with the changes posted. It's not going to be perfect but it might provide you with some reasonable gameplay after the changes I made to improve it somewhat. I'm gonna start tweaking Madden 360 now
Old 01-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #40
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Good deal Playmakers... I'll try and post my impressions after I get my copy again. I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. Now, if you find out that Madden is a good game, I may pick it up as well. It's doubtful since I haven't owned a pro football game in 5 years, but who knows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live > NBA Live Sliders »