Home

NBA Live 360 Global Player Ratings

This is a discussion on NBA Live 360 Global Player Ratings within the NBA Live Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live > NBA Live Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-20-2006, 12:38 AM   #17
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Live 360 Global Player Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Right at the beginning of the game...how does it play with these adjustments?
I played a half and now I half to crash. I tried it with the player lock and wasnt doing too well. I think Ihave to shoot for the players but didnt know that. None of guys seemed to get back on the break and this is with PM's player adjustments. I suck so I know that has something to do with it. I might try without the player lock. The game is pretty cool though. The next gen feel is awesome and it looks great on my plasma. Need a lot more practice though.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:48 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I played a half and now I half to crash. I tried it with the player lock and wasnt doing too well. I think Ihave to shoot for the players but didnt know that. None of guys seemed to get back on the break and this is with PM's player adjustments. I suck so I know that has something to do with it. I might try without the player lock. The game is pretty cool though. The next gen feel is awesome and it looks great on my plasma. Need a lot more practice though.

Not sure what happened in your game but aslong as you made the Defensive Awareness Changes in the ratings and made sure every single one of your guy's are 70 or higher it should have worked.

Also, the Team Strategy Slider should be changed from Crash The Boards to Get Back on Fast Break. If you didn't change that slider then your players most likely tried to Crash the Boards instead of run back on defense. I Always make sure to Adjust that Slider for both me and the CPU.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:51 AM   #19
All Star

poster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Not sure what happened in your game but aslong as you made the Defensive Awareness Changes in the ratings and made sure every single one of your guy's are 70 or higher it should have worked.

Also, the Team Strategy Slider should be changed from Crash The Boards to Get Back on Fast Break. If you didn't change that slider then your players most likely tried to Crash the Boards instead of run back on defense. I Always make sure to Adjust that Slider for both me and the CPU.
Is that the setting that goes from 1 to 5? Thanks for all of the changes and tips!
Old 02-20-2006, 12:59 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Is that the setting that goes from 1 to 5? Thanks for all of the changes and tips!

Yes

There are two Different Team Strategy Sliders for both Human and CPU Teams. I always set those strategy sliders before I start each game. You can set the CPU's Fast Break Slider to 1 which is the lowest and it helps a little. Also set your team strategy to 1 so that your players get back after a missed shot.

Don't be afraid to boost up the Pistons Entire starting 5 Defensive Awareness to about 90 also because EA kinda screwed most of them accept Ben Wallace.

And finally after you adjust your players speed and quickness check out the lower GameSpeed around 45-50 and see if that helps you better on defense aswell.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:52 AM   #21
All Star

poster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Yes

There are two Different Team Strategy Sliders for both Human and CPU Teams. I always set those strategy sliders before I start each game. You can set the CPU's Fast Break Slider to 1 which is the lowest and it helps a little. Also set your team strategy to 1 so that your players get back after a missed shot.

Don't be afraid to boost up the Pistons Entire starting 5 Defensive Awareness to about 90 also because EA kinda screwed most of them accept Ben Wallace.

And finally after you adjust your players speed and quickness check out the lower GameSpeed around 45-50 and see if that helps you better on defense aswell.
I tried playing with a game speed of 80. I also put your layer ratings adjustments up but I think I just suck right now from inexperience. I might try to play without player lock because my other players seem dumb. I am part of the reason too though. Never played player lock before. Also I did change the adjustments before the game. Its all good though. Thanks for the help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2006, 09:49 PM   #22
Rookie

David129's Arena

OVR: 4

I understand why you change the everything except the three point shooting?
Old 02-20-2006, 10:45 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by David129
I understand why you change the everything except the three point shooting?

I only lowered the 3-pt shooting for the players that don't take alot of three's in real life or they suck at it in real life.

If take a look at the star Players like T-Mac, Kobe, Dirk, Peja, Nash and so on you'll see that I left all those players at their DEFAULT 3-pt rating.

Since the Human player decides when to shoot a three and when not to shoot a three for his own team I would reccomend not touching the 3-PT ratings of your own players. But the CPU Players will fire at will all game if you don't tweak the CPU's 3-pt ratings for guy's who don't normally shoot them in that games. I've noticed if you lower it to around 50 and below they'll pass up more shots from 3-pt range and try to get a closer shot. But if you leave everyone at their DEFAULT ratings then you'll a higher #'s of three's being shot and scrubs will launch them at will also.

But remember any ratings I have made are OPTIONAL I just touched upon the ones that stood out the worse which was Defensive Awareness, Speed and Quickness.....the 3-PT rating is just something I reccomended in effort to get the CPU to take less of them during games. Any guy rated 60 and higher will shoot them all game pretty much even if they aren't offensive star players.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:02 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Finished up all my edits. Most teams have about 10-12 players edited on their roster. I'm not sure how much Offensive Awareness factors into quick shot selections by players or how often they look to start a fast break. That will be another rating I'll have to test out later. I only noticed it because some teams start PG's that will play at a slower pace and then their are others that look to run all the time. I'll have to compare the ratings of the PG's and see what determines which ones are more aggressive and which ones play more passive in the offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live > NBA Live Sliders »