Home

NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #937
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Funny man. Give yourself some time with this game before you declare it awesome. You just went down into the mud and now you picked your head up.

I still can't play this game for too long. Those contact animations just dont work for me in this game and animations are limited here too. When you leave this game alone for awhile, you have a blast when you put it back in, but then after a few games and you see the same things over and over and whamo.

Brandon Jennings is still fun to run around with though
With you. To an extent this is true with every sports game wouldn't you say
Old 11-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #938
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

No I wouldn't. I'd say that for whatever reason this game was no longer as fun as it was pre patch for some reason. Whatever changed ruined some of the fun factor in certain areas.

Every sports game isnt as limited, especially in animations and thus doesnt have as short of a window of error.

Ehh was playing a game more limited than this one and he now realizes it after having something to compare it to.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:20 PM   #939
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Well, guys i really can't understand guys whining about the patch at all; i can't tell how much it improves the game in simulation wise.

I haven't encountered with thE OT bug; i know that's a big problem all right but other than that, this patch feels just right with all the new dna updates.

And for those complaning about the sucking contact animation in the paint, that's how the nba plays guys cmoon now, if you want paint to be owned easily then go play the ''other game'', but if you want some chest to chest real life nba excitement, you gotta learn to how to play, i can get into paint guys like Jamal Crawford, or D.Rose or D. Will, when you got it right, you'll get your easy bucket, if you just think you can go inside and get an easy one, that's not the game for you, i don't wanna flare anything, that's how it is, there are guys here just do injustice to the game and the patch.

I really would The Ea Devs to hear me out, again i have told this before the 1st patch arrived, please keep on the same route with this game and the followings; just don't make things easy just for people like it to be please.

Keep up the good work, thanks for this game.
Yes, I agree - I love Live's body contact. I find that Live's contact is realistic and appropriate in most situations. The only area where Live needs more contact is on dunks. Dunk animations cannot be disturbed at all. Once a guy is in the air, you cannot bump him or create contact with him at all. This needs to be fixed so that if a guy is in mid air going for a dunk and I press the block button and jump into him, the dunk animation should be broken and he should go into a "flailing" contact animation and he should lose the ball and not complete the dunk.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #940
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I still can't play this game for too long. Those contact animations just dont work for me in this game and animations are limited here too. When you leave this game alone for awhile, you have a blast when you put it back in, but then after a few games and you see the same things over and over and whamo.
On Pro the contact isn't bad, you get a decent amount but it was never a user problem for me on Pro. My biggest problem with the contact before was in terms of the CPU, they'd just go flying into the paint and run into your defenders because the DNA was telling them to drive. I'd sit there wondering why they are doing it over and over again (like many things with the CPU offense before the big DNA update).

In the game and a half I played since the update the CPU has used their escape dribble and pulled the ball out and reset so many times. They rarely did that before, the CPU seems way better at recognizing where your defenders are now.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #941
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

^Right. I want the game to recognize the "Why". Why did he drive right? Did he pull up because of help? Did he drive to the basket b/c of no help? Did he drive b/c the jumper wasnt hittinh? DNA doesnt help this. Enhance Situation awareness and Matchup awareness and that should take care of itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #942
Rookie

OVR: 5

I was really hopeful after reading all the post update comments but after playing 2.5 games I just cut the 360 off! Same post patch garbage as before except the CPU has slowed down their attack and the files are a little less lopsided but still not balanced. I plan on keeping the game (why trash $60) in hopes that patch 2 will return it to pre-patch control.

I can't for the life of me understand how when everyone was raving over the control this game gave you pre-patch that they would take that away. I assume it was because some were whining about no physical D or the ability to stay with there man, EA now sucks you to your check so much that you have to gap him 10ft to stay out of the "magnetic field"! I have to play way off or the CPU will make some kind of move that will suck me to the offensive player then use that momentum/inertia against me! That alone is a game breaker for me, especially after previously being able to shade my check to either side and play the angles! The major problem for me is they ruined the D on both sides, CPU & Human.

I also want my control back! I can't stand to press the button to pass and my man shoots or when I switched to run towards the rebound but after I moved the joystick my man jumped for a ball that wasn't near him. The pauses/lag/delays after certain events (taking control of a player, landing after jumping, pump faking, etc.) have been in Live forever but this year they are really annoying me post patch.

I just feel like the Dev's coward-ed to the whiners and tried to make the game easier to control by removing some of the control and now it's just a mess. I guess I will go back to lurking while sucking at MW2 in hopes to read a post-patch-2 post that says Live is back to being back! LOL

Problems for me are:
1. Suction!!! Suction!!! Suction!!!
2. Ridiculously unbalanced contact shot abilities between CPU/User
3. Ignorant CPU controlled teammates
4. I feel like the control input is now a request system instead of commands, I press "pass" he might pass (he will most of the time) but he might shoot. All I can do is simply request that he passes and he (the player under my control, supposedly) will consider it, LOL!
5. The fact that basket ball IQ isn't what wins this game it's video game basketball IQ.
6. Drive and kick game is different from before, I can put my finger on what it is but it's off.
7. CPU doesn't have to run plays but user does

There's so much more but it's not my intent to trash the game for others, because I still prefer Live over other options, I am just hoping that the Dev's will give credence to my whining like they apparently have others. What this means for me is there will not be any sports on my systems this year.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #943
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

After playing both games I can still say that I like NBA Live better. I hope the clanked dunks get taken care of sooner or later though...
Old 11-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #944
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
After playing both games I can still say that I like NBA Live better. I hope the clanked dunks get taken care of sooner or later though...
I too prefer Live. I forgot to mention the dunks. I wish they would scrap patch 1 and add manual back down to pre patch Live.

Last edited by loadleft; 11-25-2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Haven't played 2K10 but don't like past 2K design philosphy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »