Home

NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-29-2009, 06:07 AM   #537
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360 Patch Only, PS3 to Follow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The context of the fouls is so whacked man....i just want to turn them off sometimes...lol. Being sucked into contact animations and fouls are my biggest pain points.....just about every thing else is a slider fix imo.....
Hey 24th,

Isnt there a slider for the in air contact??

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 10-29-2009, 06:35 AM   #538
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

I am playing the Lakers v Clippers rewind game from yesterday...and CPU D-Fish is 3 for 21. I turned it off in the final quarter as it was ruining the game. He was driving into 3 guys and still trying to get a shot off.

The sad part about it is that Kobe, when they got him the ball, was playing great. Hardly any other CPU Lakers were even involved. Ron basically shoots the odd 3 ball and that's it.

But D-Fish just dominates.

I am kind of lost with this game. This is a DNA game and he didn't shoot 21 times yesterday...it's not my D because I am all over him, he's 3-21.

Does the patch stop this stuff?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:42 AM   #539
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

i feel bad for the masses who really want to play with dna updates and refuse to edit rosters...

most of these AI gaffe's i dont see with my rosters, i will go on record and say the devs have been way too generous to 90% of the players in this game

and if edited way down the game plays more to what we see on tv, i look at LA and the issues people are having, on my roster kobe drops 40 every game ( some may not like that and want him to actually get 26 but i like 40) and late in games the cpu has to do less calculations when you edit the role players to be role, players 2 passes and the ball is in bryant's hands no time wasting,

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 10-29-2009, 06:52 AM   #540
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

CV i am looking at it right now fisher dna shooting has him as the focal point of the offense.....

and as i have been preaching the dna shooting determines who and where they will shoot from and fisher's is higehr that kobe he wont pass up shots he is rated too high

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 10-29-2009, 07:18 AM   #541
MVP

OVR: 34

Alrighty, I am getting more comfortable with the post patch flow and pace, and my venom isnt as fierce now. They did a lot of good things.

I'm also (hold on to your seats), getting a decent disparity between user and CPU fouls. Left stick, left stick, left stick.

I'm a little sketchy with a few things though

1) post game: This right stick click thing is getting in my way. I have been playing in the post without it, as it seems like you still, and the option to click the stick, is just that..an option.

The problem is that I am seeing my guys go into a post back down animation when I do not want them to, and just want to pull off a normal drive.

---passes out of the post are now kind of erratic. I used to be able to spot up a guy off ball or send a cutter, and pass to him out of a double team, but sometimes control gets hijacked from me, and the guy I have posting up decides he wants to shoot the ball, just when I am ready to pass, or send trhe cutter.

I'm also seeing passes out of the post bounce off of the ground for turnovers. I'm using Tim Duncan, who is an excellent passer out of the post.

I am scoring primarily off of up and unders..I cannot perform a drop step to save my life...and my face up finishes at the rim are futile.

2) shot contest-- did they change this? there seems to be a deliberate delay now. My Y button press doesnt seem enarly as responsive.

3) Generally speaking, I feel like some degree of control has been taken from me. I felt like i was in control of my player's movements nearly all of the time pre patch.

This has always been one of my favorite things about live. I rarely felt that a guy didnt try to do sopmething I specifically wanted him to do. Now I'm seeing some some canned "sucked in the vortex" annimations happening now, that werent happening before.

4) the CPU tends to go into NBA 2k9 mode now. they have a burning desire to force passes into traffic, which leads to cheap turnovers and face breaks for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 09:24 AM   #542
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Im not liking how the cpu is chucking up these ugly 3 pointers from beyond the line like they cant pass closer to get a better shot. I have seen the cpu go brain dead and get 8 second violations.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:26 AM   #543
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
3) Generally speaking, I feel like some degree of control has been taken from me. I felt like i was in control of my player's movements nearly all of the time pre patch.

This has always been one of my favorite things about live. I rarely felt that a guy didnt try to do sopmething I specifically wanted him to do. Now I'm seeing some some canned "sucked in the vortex" annimations happening now, that werent happening before.
Yes. That great control was what really set live apart this year.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:50 AM   #544
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Finally gritted my teeth and played a post-patch game....and I still love it. Thank goodness. There are definitely some warts and AI gaffes, but nothing that has bothered me much. Stuff I really like about the patch:

-Smoothness of animations
-No more rocket dunks
-Toned down lighting, making the game look less cartoony
-Ability to dribble in traffic without constantly losing the ball
-Quick sub menu works better

I'm also hoping that the DNA updates continue to improve the gameplay experience as more and more data is compiled. There's a lot of room for improvement, but I'm still having fun with this game. Looking forward to jumping into Dynamic Season once I get my difficulty/slider options set.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt

Last edited by greenegt; 10-29-2009 at 09:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »