Home

NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #209
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Patch 1 Impressions (360 Patch only, PS3 to follow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
Quick impressions of this patch:
A) A freeze I've never had before. The game just stayed stuck on my player bench. I could go into the menus and what-not, but the game simply refused to get off this scene (49 seconds left in the 1st quarter). I had to quit the game. Very annoying.

B) CPU now taking too many circus 3-point shots. In my game against the Cavs, they took 7 first-half 3-pt shots from idiotic spots, including one shot by Shaq! None of the shots came with shot clock winding down. They simply took bad shots. This was on all-star default.

C) I noticed more fouls, but 75% were against me, not the CPU. That could be the all-star cheat just kicking in

D) Game froze right after I installed the patch. I needed to restart it again.

E) Didn't notice any psychotic dunks after cpu offensive rebounds, but they didn't kick it out to set up a new offensive play either.
Dave...I was looking specifically for your comments as you are pretty much the biggest LIVE fan on these boards and have made a lot of good posts on the game for two seasons now.

So...to read of all those problems + crazy 3 point shots + no kick outs is kind of dissapointing.

Everyone seems to be saying the offense is now way too quick, 7 seconds and less stuff like the Mike D offense...is the game really this bad? Your opinion is pretty similar to mine on this game on most issues.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #210
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Patch 1 Impressions (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Damm...

Can anyone else confirm this? How about rebounding?

I don't know why Beluba hasn't been able to fix the transition game in LIVE...he had a decent mix of full court basketball way back in Inside Drive 2004. Maybe the DNA just doesn't allow the CPU to attack in transition?

I had high hopes for this patch.

Is rebounding improved at all? Does the CPU now kick the ball out and re-set it's offense at all?

I've already mentioned a few times how to get the CPU to attack the basket in transistion.

It's just like it was in 2k10 they put some kind of code for all players at zero for layup vs dunk aggresiveness. You got to go in and change it on your own or waite for EA to assign an actual rating for all players.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 10-26-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #211
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

Re: NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360 Patch Only, PS3 to Follow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
So online fatigue is broken. The fix to make it work also flipped the default for online games to OFF and nobody caught it. Flame away. It's a failure on 3 levels: programming/QA/Production. That's all I can say.
Damm...how does that happen?

This is online only, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 07:49 PM   #212
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I've already mentioned a few times how to get the CPU to attack the basket in transistion.

It's just like it was in 2k10 they put some kind of code for all players at zero for layup vs dunk aggresiveness. You got to go in and change it on your own or waite for EA to assign an actual rating for all players.
I am / was going to play a dynamic season PM...so I can only use EA's rosters.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #213
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Patch 1 Impressions (360 Patch only, PS3 to follow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Dave...I was looking specifically for your comments as you are pretty much the biggest LIVE fan on these boards and have made a lot of good posts on the game for two seasons now.
In fairness Court, I could only base my opinions on one game post-patch. It's all I had time for.
I need to play a few more before I make a final judgement.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #214
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360 Patch Only, PS3 to Follow)

Free throw feels more responsive, more accurate. Very nice.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:04 PM   #215
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
the fast break issue seems like a dna priority issue, everytime a fast break happens right i pause and go look at the dna and ratings and its starting to become a pattern....

guys who dunk and finish at the basket and have a high close shot % run the break well 6/10 times, guys who can dunk & like to run the floor but also like to spot up go to thier fav spots for the open uncontested pull up

still an issue
That's interesting. Hopefully Marcus and Beluba will read that and we may see some changes via DNA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #216
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Fouls????? Notice any changes???? Is this the Patch????
Yup, you'll notice more fouls on collisions going to the rim, and they don't feel cheap. Very happy about this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »