Home

7 Minute NBA Elite 11 Video (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on 7 Minute NBA Elite 11 Video (Gamespot) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #137
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: 7 Minute NBA Elite 11 Video (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwademvp
hey rEAnimator is there gonna be a chasedown block in the game? It would be awesome if you guys implement it in the game!
there are chasedown blocks. it has been said.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 3

How about the spin moves??? Will you lose the ball if you do a spin move in traffic? Coz in Live 10 you can abuse the spin move in traffic and you will not lose the ball w/c is very frustrating especially playing online against cheesers who abuse the spin move.

About the coach settings in directional pad? Will the coach settings remain in Elite 11? If yes, will it be more user friendly and will the coach settings no longer auto exit during the EA logo interruption?

And the timeouts? Can we now choose what kind of timeouts we want to call like 20 secs or full timeout in Elite 11?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #139
Banned

OVR: 3

1- Is there allstar weekend and skills challenge?

2-Are there injuries?

3- Can you guys turn hard fouls into fights?(not all the time but every once in a while)

4-How about Technical fouls?

5-Last thing, Can you guys make buzzer beater and championship celebrations more realistic?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #140
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
damn i might have get both NBA titles this years, elite is looking real good. I don't like to jump on EAs ship too early, based on past years, but they have definitely upped their game this year. Hopefully the game will perform realistically in 5 on 5 gameplay. Not trying to sound like a 2k fanboy but I hope that 2k's controls are this responsive because ill buy it even if Elite is better just because jordan is in it, unless 2k really drops the ball with gameplay.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #141
Banned

OVR: 12

I had pretty much wrote this game off after what they did with Live 10. I felt really cheated, game started out great and then just went sour. There's still a good chance that may happen with this game but I have to admit that what I'm seeing is pretty impressive. I hope they toned down some of the defensive movement. It looks like it's gonna be pretty tough trying to keep your guy in front of the ball handler if they are moving around so much on D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #142
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: 7 Minute NBA Elite Video (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
I can appreciate your disappointment and I wish we could tackle everything. This is something that could be looked at next year, but for this year we have other priorities that I hope you'll enjoy.

If it's any consolation, shooting the ball is one of the most fun things in the game right now because the ball reacts to your input. You've heard it already, but miss left it goes left, miss right it goes right.

Every little change to the motion of the stick will result in a change to the ball path and how it interacts with the rim.

It really does feel like shoot a real basketball.

So while the ball/rim physics system hasn't been significantly changed since last year, how we use it has been completely revamped.

I hope that helps.
Here's what's dangerous about this innovation, the joystick is really sensitive, it's really small and moves tightly. Accuracy is therefore very HARD to REPLICATE. So the obvious question is....will Kinetic and PS3 Move be an alternative option? It offers 1:1 + a broader range of motion which will give us consistency.

In one of your videos the lead director talked about the randomness of shot making in previous iterations. Well, the joystick just might continue to contribute to that.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #143
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
Passing has been moved to the right trigger.
Oh I know that, I was asking if this means sprint/turbo has been removed altogether, or simply remapped to another button?
Old 06-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #144
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacKings1999
Oh I know that, I was asking if this means sprint/turbo has been removed altogether, or simply remapped to another button?
Sprints gone

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »