Home

NBA Elite 11 Videos: 3 Quick Clips

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Videos: 3 Quick Clips within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #25
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: New NBA Elite 11 Clips on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxinem
y didn't u post the dunk on clip Hoosier?
I added it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #26
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
I'm working on that today actually. We don't have player ratings in yet for in air collisions so it's a very simple algorithm that decides if one, both or none get altered and by how much.

What you see in this video is extremely rare in the game right now, which was one of the reasons we captured it.

I'll see if I can get you guys some examples of dunk on attempts that do get altered for some of the next videos so you can see the difference.

What you see here should really only play for a very, very strong player dunking on a very, very weak player.
Will I be able to give a hard foul especially on play like that?
Old 08-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
I'm working on that today actually. We don't have player ratings in yet for in air collisions so it's a very simple algorithm that decides if one, both or none get altered and by how much.

What you see in this video is extremely rare in the game right now, which was one of the reasons we captured it.

I'll see if I can get you guys some examples of dunk on attempts that do get altered for some of the next videos so you can see the difference.

What you see here should really only play for a very, very strong player dunking on a very, very weak player.
If the player who attempts the dunk get altered, does he try to make a circus shot? If so, I hope it depends on ratings. There are some players that do not have the hability AND the agility to even try it.

I will go even further. Let's suppose I'm controlling Artest in that play. If Sheed is able to stop the dunk, do I have to adjust manually? If I don't do it, what happens? Travelling?

BTW, for the people that thinks that Sheed would have stop Artest in that play, I would totally agree if Sheed were in position, but he comes a little bit late and Artest is a very strong player. I know rEanimator just explained what happened and why happened, but I can see this play happening in real life too (except from that super dunk by Ron Ron, )
Old 08-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 14

Quote:

Awesome... Lookin foward to it

twitter.com/tyfromphilly
Xbox One GT - TyFromPhilly

TCSG NBA 2k15 League - http://tyfromphilly.wix.com/tcsgleague

That Connection Sim Gaming Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8g...1ggCIaZkeOUxNA
Old 08-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #29
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Very nice first looks.... I like the Bynum lack of handles, and saw a lot of tiny things in these 3 clips. Got my eye out on it.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Anyone realize how green the Celtics uniform really is compared to the lime green on Live10? Sweet is all i can say. Really not trying to nitpick lol. but i just thought the bench could have reacted better and bigger then they did but i really have no problem with it. Game is going to be the best ever. Players look spot on. Anyone find Kobe? He is hiding in these clips. lol.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 9

I honestly don't like the video with Bynum losing the ball. This game is supposed to be about stick skills and control. They just took control away from me like last year when players automatically lost the ball in the paint.

It should be possible to do a really slow and bad behind the back dribble with a big man if you move the right stick slowly, but it should also be easy to steal on the defensive end. If I were to try to move the right stick quickly like when I am in control of a perimeter player, then I would be fine with losing the ball.
Here's and example with Kendrick Perkins-

Don't get me wrong, though. I don't want to go up and down the court performing advanced dribble moves with big men.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

hi reanimator i think that the animation was just fine,i know that sheed is strong but so is artest. as i could see the collision was detected as artest was at his pick of his dunk and rasheed was only starting his jump adn tryin to block the shot. so in this case only artest has the edge, so he should finish the dunk without falling, or maybe even get +1 dunk.

also i really really liked the videos!!!!!

Last edited by dvir10; 08-06-2010 at 03:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »