Home

NBA Elite 11 OS Exclusive Video: Milwaukee Bucks @ New York Knicks

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 OS Exclusive Video: Milwaukee Bucks @ New York Knicks within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-02-2010, 12:41 AM   #129
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Elite 11 OS Exclusive Video: Milwaukee Bucks @ New York Knicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
Where do I start? Player movement looks "goofy", ball, rim and net physics are still off, but EA have already stated that wasn't a focus this year.
The commentary is lifeless and made we want hit the mute button after the first 30 seconds. The animations and RTP need a lot of work as well.

It would've helped if they used the broadcast camera angle, I can't stand the behind the player camera angle and the camera swinging around after every made basket or opposition steal/block/rebound.

I know I might come across as a ***** or 2K fanboy but these are my honest impressions. I had high hopes for Elite so this is disappointing.

I'm sure the devs work hard and I respect their ambition for this title but there's still a lot of work to do to get this game to the standard that a next gen basketball title should be.
but we gotta stop being picky when you are playing this game on your own you wont notice this stuff unless you are pausing and rewinding youll notice lots of negatives
Old 09-02-2010, 12:42 AM   #130
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok023
nope not everyone did the game looks alot better than 10 stop hating
Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean their hating.

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html
Old 09-02-2010, 12:46 AM   #131
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
well people are being way too picky and it does look better than live 10 since live look like plastic figures or you gonna say that the plastic looking figures look better than elite
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 12:49 AM   #132
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpnp
what happens is sales happen. and You guys complain about Looks and graphics, shoes, little things that may be cherry stuff/whip cream stuff. but not things that will make the game play like a hoop Sim. they start on trying to make a hoop sim. and the fans respond just like in this thread. "looks horrible, commentators, it looks like old live, blah blah blah" not that they're wrong. they are right to an extent and can voice their opinions. the problem is no one realizes if you keep saying graphics, graphics, graphics. thats what they will end up changing the direction to graphics and animations that you cant break out of because it wont look smooth. its not about basketball its about the LOOK and nothing else is what they hear. so they will change the game to be what you want it to be. there are only a few of us who REALLy want a sim game. we are in the minority. if you dont believe it, listen to this thread. what is the biggest complaint? the look/graphical appeal. even after they told us all that graphics would suffer. so this is a get your hands on it game. even still they talk about graphics/look.

here's the deal, put up with wack graphics this year if you find out in the demo that the total control thing is great, just look wack.

next year they will combine the two. you say they change every year? not true. they are now adding on to things. they had the downloads from synergy sports that changed the basketball gaming for ever. now they are going with real time physics. this will do the same. now they need to present a better LOOKING game. they will have all year for that before nba elite 12. this is not the usual"next year" talk. they did the same thing with NHL. they revamped it. and it took a few years to be the best sports game out there so people swear.
If the gameplay looked good then there would be a lot less complaints, people have been cheering for Elite to be good because EA is the underdog for once but this video was disappointing all around. It's pretty hard to judge how the game is going to look with two users but even with two guys who know the ins and outs of the games playing, it still didn't look all that interesting or fun to play. When you combine a boring look game with bad presentation, it makes the game uninteresting and generates the complaints that you see in this thread.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #133
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
well people are being way too picky and it does look better than live 10 since live look like plastic figures or you gonna say that the plastic looking figures look better than elite
People are paying 60 plus dollars for a game and it's 2010 they have to right to by picky and to expect more, if you like the video fine but people have to right to state their opinion.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #134
Pro

OVR: 28

+I really liked those quick plays. Looked real fluid. All the plays called were quick n successful. I really like that about this game over the other.

+The Jennings lay up in the beginning of the video was nice.

+All the ball handling looked real smooth and to imagine doing that on the sticks was nice. The in n out move felton did was real nice. As you can tell I love playing with PG's

+Post up moves look a lot smoother then past Lives.

SOME MINOR ISSUES
-I wish there was more contact, or some blocks....
-That brandon jennings pro hop was kind of floaty and weird looking.
-And players jumping for rebounds with their arms bent just looks flat out stupid.....

IDK??? wasn't as bad to me as others have posted, of course I was just watching it while imagining me playing it.

If it is just live 10 with no suction then I'm still down with that.....

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 09-02-2010, 12:51 AM   #135
Banned

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
You are right man. I think it's just bad taste for those who love Elite. wahehehe... peace guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 12:52 AM   #136
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
I don't think people are being too picky at all, most of the complaints are centered around awkward animations and bland commentary/atmosphere. All of which are pretty obvious, and YES, I will be able to notice these while playing the game.

From a graphics standpoint, I can honestly say I prefer the look of Live 10. This year the jerseys look pretty awful and the skin textures are too bland. Reminds me of older iterations of live pre 2010.

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »