Home

NBA Elite 11 OS Exclusive Video: Milwaukee Bucks @ New York Knicks

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 OS Exclusive Video: Milwaukee Bucks @ New York Knicks within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-02-2010, 02:33 AM   #209
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Elite 11 OS Exclusive Video: Milwaukee Bucks @ New York Knicks

Speechless

Everything about this game just looks wrong
Old 09-02-2010, 02:34 AM   #210
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
And I don't see ANY FAST BREAKS AT ALL, I am worried the players will stop at the middle of the court like last year, please let me know thats not the case this year, !

Looks like the fastbreak stuff is the exact same as LIVE 10. (Which had basically no fast breaks as you know).

Game looks bad. Looks pretty much identical to LIVE 10 with none of the glaring AI problems that Beluba promised would be fixed taken care of...

I am guessing that when he left...so did the idea they'd be fixed.

Same game, different name. Very dissapointing at this stage. I've honestly bought ever single NBA Live......even the disastrous first LIVE for the PS3....

But I'll be sitting out this season of LIVE / Elite. Maybe it's time just to put the series to sleep and work on a whole new engine for a few years.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:36 AM   #211
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Just like i figured people will wait all day for it talk the most crap like they were waiting expecting real life 5 v5 footage.

Its not as bad as some make it seem. I liked it. Some people are too nit picky. THEY DONT BEND THEIR KNEES WHEN THEY JUMP. WTF. Who even notices that in any video game. Its like you are looking for things to talk s**t about. I cant believe people are even comparing the graphics of elite to old games like live 09. Go back and play that then look at the video then comment again.

Like havok said you are watching a video so you can look at everything and point out things. Yea there is no pausing and rewinding but you are no controlling anyone so you are not focusing on playing and can look at everything that is going on. If you are playing it you are mostly focused on the person with the ball so half the things yall are talking bout you wont see.

The fact that the game is smooth, fluid and you can do what ever you want with the ball is good enough for me. yea the player models and other lil things might be the same from live but elite is way better and looks different simply because the fact that everyone moves on their own free will so to speak. Nobody is getting stuck in animations and that was the only thing i didnt like about the live series. Once again the move so fluidly and smooth with out getting sucked into each other. Players move more robotic on 2k then elite. Movement on 2k is not as smooth and fluid at all. The only thing i give 2k over elite is better detailed graphics and game modes but i have to see how legendary mode turns out. But those things does not make a game better then another. To me gameplay is the biggest factor.

One thing the elite did not change and is disappointing to me is the crowd and arena atmosphere. When the knicks would score you would hear clapping and cheers but nobody in the stands where clapping. But thats one of those things you notice only when watching the game and not playing it. But having then stand and cheer like on 2k is noticeable. I wish elite would implicate that in the future because i know that probably priority #99 with everything else that elite will bring to the table. It can really get you into a game with the crowd going crazy when you are playing good and you are the home team. And maybe with teams like the 76ers have empty seats because in real life their arena is empty on a constant basis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 02:39 AM   #212
Banned

bullitt_711's Arena

OVR: 6
I'm playing NBA Live 08 right now and it looks better than Elite 11, that's bizzare.

They really should sell this game for $49.99, like I said earlier, or they are going to get slammed.

Staying positive, if the gameplay and the controls are awesome once you get them down, that by itself would make it a worthy purchase if the price drops. Sure it looks dated, but if you can play defense, if the movement and control is on point, if the real time physics really feel good, it could be a solid game. There is a chance, eventhough it doesn't look nearly as visually appealing as polished 2K11 does..
Old 09-02-2010, 02:41 AM   #213
Pro

OVR: 28

I want to hear from the community guys, who got to play the game early.

From this video, does the game look like it plays any better/smoother from when you guys played it????

Are guys not excited any more?

http://www.myspace.com/RD253

Last edited by RayDog253; 09-02-2010 at 02:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-02-2010, 02:43 AM   #214
Banned

OVR: 12

Okay i'm going to go ahead and this this in the book man all i hear right now is 2k boys trashing the game,..and Elite gamers looking puzzled about the game but don't want to admit that the game is looooking .........trashy.and then all i hear is Elite fans sounding like they want you to show Ea compassion.. all i hear is Oh man there taking another direction thats new to gaming or..there paying mad attention to gameplay it'll get better presentation will be fixed NExt year Well guess what MOfo..............I"ll buy the game Next Year i'll buy the game next year when its fixed,,..i don't want a half fixed product. What people don't understand is its 2010 son money don't come quick i'm not giving 60 dollars saying in my head i'll buy this game to support them and next year i'll really be blown away...i'm going to buy the game that has a full package and features that i can enjoy not some game that still says there making changes and the game ships in almost 30 days i want the more confident product,...the gaming industry is a make or break process we not talking 20 dollar games people were talking full sixty.... Thiis we don't understand crap is getting absurd elite didn't do it this year so just leave it right there stop trying to build a house thats on fire let it burn down...............and then build it next year
Old 09-02-2010, 02:43 AM   #215
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Quick pros-cons:

+ NBA on ESPN theme
+ ESPN graphics, etc.
+ JVG and Mark Jackson sounds authentic
+ Atmosphere/Sounds

- Mike Breen sounds scripted and robotic
- Less sig shots?
- Players floating on contact
- Players warping
- A lot of sliding
- Post up still wrong (Players facing wrong way)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 02:43 AM   #216
Banned

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob. D
EA did can NCAA Basketball could it happen to NBA Elite tho? Honestly Im with you there, they are going to have trouble selling this game plus they are going up against MJ....huff.....good luck EA good luck
I'm with you all.... hehehe... Elite is doomed and NBA 2K is shaping up to be great each series...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »