Home

NBA Elite 11 OS Exclusive Video: New Orleans Hornets @ Los Angeles Clippers

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 OS Exclusive Video: New Orleans Hornets @ Los Angeles Clippers within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #81
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Elite 11 OS Exclusive Video: New Orleans Hornets @ Los Angeles Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
If the ratings work like that did last year that should be easy to fix by changing the vertical attribute.

Overall this game looks it will be what Live 10 could have been if it didn't have all the suction problems. Because the controls for a lot of things were there last year its just that the suction didn't allow it to happen all the time.

Next year the game will probably be more sigged up and look a little more lifelike. So in some areas Elite definitely took a step back but in others it will probably be a step forward.

I can see this one being a lot of fun against the AI because there defense will probably be able to keep you in check better. And if the real AI works properly teams will attack you like they would in real life. So that alone can cover up that huge hole in the CPU AI of past Live's.

For online play it looks like the highest difficulty is probably going to be the best way to go. This way the CPU defenders are playing the best D they can (ie enforce the paint better, interecept more dumb passes, rotations should be improved, etc.). For the user it should make shot timing a lot harder and force them to play more under control because of the improved D.

I think I'm going to like playing this game as long as the controls are not too hard to pick up. And it should be a lot of fun in the coming years too as the devs polish it up and add more to the arsenal of controls on both defense and offense like they did with NHL and other games like that.
Great post Jano. That vid at least gave me some optimism that this game will be a decent alternative. It's probably going to take some serious tweaking from the roster guys but there is enough good stuff in this vid to at least make it worthwhile to go to that effort by the looks of it.

Do they have system for downloading user created rosters for live like 2k share?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #82
Rookie

adwin7's Arena

OVR: 2
I think they've put some serious work in. This video looks much better. Still theres a lot to be done, but I'm a little more optimistic about Elite now. Can't wait for some demos.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #83
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Yea last year they had easports world to upload pics and vids, I can't see them taking it out this year especially with the whole control mantra they got going. What would be the point in having all of that without being able to show it off lol!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #84
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

This is an improvement over the 1st videos I seen. The one thing that looks wierd to me is the player movements seem to be too similar between different players. Dribbling, running, etc. are too similar between a c, pg pf which is not realisitic at all. The pick and roll seems too easy but there were a couple moves I did like.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #85
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14

Best video by far. I really like how loose the ball is and how u can intercept passes and get steals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
This is an improvement over the 1st videos I seen. The one thing that looks wierd to me is the player movements seem to be too similar between different players. Dribbling, running, etc. are too similar between a c, pg pf which is not realisitic at all. The pick and roll seems too easy but there were a couple moves I did like.

Thats what i ask all the developers but they never say anything i think its like there animations the dribble ones are all the same some are just sped up and others slowed down. ----------------Goes to the 2k forum
Old 09-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #87
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
not true...
Just looked at the videos again..And that is absolutely true.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 3

This video was much better. Players do all look too similar. Camera angle helped alot!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »