Home

NBA Live 13 Preview

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 Preview within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #41
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Live 13 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski
Owch. Im slightly surprised considering they had so much time to develop this game but I guess it falls in line with what we've seen from Live. Really disappointed with what I've seen from both basketball camps, hopefully these next few months prove otherwise when the final builds come around. Might be a no NBA game year for me...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
QFT hopefully 2k's online dept steps up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #42
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Well that sucks was hoping they atleast came with something positive to the table.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #43
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Obviously synergy didnt mean a whole lot either because of the use of it, and the fact that I had to tweak Live 10 to stop what should've been normal basketball 101 stuff, I hope that license to use synergy doesn't make them lazy on the ratings front.

Derek Fisher should not have an 85 defensive recovery rating
Synergy, like anything other stat metric, shouldn't be the end all-be all for ratings - esp on defense. Many things that require context are left out - i.e. sefolosha's defense got worse over the last week according to Synergy, but he was switched to guard Parker which is a more difficult assignment than a normal wing he has to guard.

Utlimately for Live / 2k for me it looks like it'll be a catch 22:

If you want great gameplay, but horrible online experience (dropped games, repeated server outages, lack of features, lack of control) - 2k13

If you want great online experience, but horrible gameplay (see OP) - Live 13

I really hope sooner or later they incorporate the RTP similar to what you've seen in Madden and Fifa
Old 06-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #44
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15
My problem with this is its been two years, why is the game this buggy when you've been developing it for two years? I mean why didn't you just release elite and elite 12 if you couldn't fix the game. I don't want to hear "its a early build", they were givin so much time and this is what they present is pathetic.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #45
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
My problem with this is its been two years, why is the game this buggy when you've been developing it for two years? I mean why didn't you just release elite and elite 12 if you couldn't fix the game. I don't want to hear "its a early build", they were givin so much time and this is what they present is pathetic.
The fact is is has not been 2 years of developement, they had to rebuild the team for this game, dissect Elite and past live that all took time, unfortunately it seems like in the end they ran out of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3
I am Disappointed. I was expecting something new and fresh with a two year dev period. Not necessarily the best, but just fresh and not broken this far in.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #47
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

I guess I can't be to shocked, I mean they did have an article on Kotaku stating don't look at this game as being on a 2 year dev cycle but more of a regular 1 year cycle...EA seems to be in it just for the money not the love for the sport, they seem to not give 2 sh*ts about the game of basketball. That's how I am feeling after this preview but hopefully I am completely wrong and they pull out a well respectable product but when you show people a half-*** build at E3 it's almost a slap in the face.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #48
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
The fact is is has not been 2 years of developement, they had to rebuild the team for this game, dissect Elite and past live that all took time, unfortunately it seems like in the end they ran out of time.
Ran out of time? After skipping a year?

Come on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »