Home

What does Live 14 need to do to compete with 2K?

This is a discussion on What does Live 14 need to do to compete with 2K? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 4
Funny thing I dont think live needs much to compete. If its not arcade and slightly built off the live 10 gameplay I think it will do okay.

Besides the super fanboys I believe some of us welcome a change. I personally dont want anything to be a rip off of 2ks games.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #18
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: What does Live 14 need to do to compete with 2K?

If we're talking about sales, unfortunately, I believe Live doesn't need to do much to compete. The fact that it is released, especially on a new generation, I believe it will sell well.

I used to think that because it's released only on next-gen consoles, it won't sell a lot. But I'm pretty sure I was wrong about that.

Anyway, I believe that sales won't have much to do with the quality of the product this time around (not to say that it may not be a good game).
Old 07-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
If we're talking about sales, unfortunately, I believe Live doesn't need to do much to compete. The fact that it is released, especially on a new generation, I believe it will sell well.

I used to think that because it's released only on next-gen consoles, it won't sell a lot. But I'm pretty sure I was wrong about that.

Anyway, I believe that sales won't have much to do with the quality of the product this time around (not to say that it may not be a good game).
I think live has to do a lot in the terms of sales.... Being that The best player on the world is on 2k cover..... People will purchase that game just because of Lebron ( teen/kid wise)

I'm just want live to be sim minded... Leave the arcade gameplay for nba jam... Just really deliver with the ignite engine and I think it will be game changing,.... But just hope EA focused on more areas then just dribbling, cause it can have the best dribbling system around, but if the gameplay areas were neglected, it's going to be hard to make a impression... Live 10 was a good game, but had some of the major flaws that 2k has as well... I want to great basketball games... Hope live is a "all-around solid game" on the nextgen!
Old 07-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #20
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
I think live has to do a lot in the terms of sales.... Being that The best player on the world is on 2k cover..... People will purchase that game just because of Lebron ( teen/kid wise)
I wasn't talking about marketing, but about the product itself, and what you said is true - and actually supports this.

Marketing will obviously help sell this game, but just the fact (not a fact just yet, I guess) that there is another game with nice graphics and it's next-gen, will sell this game.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #21
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6
If the game looks like how it is in that new trailer, 2K is going to step their game up. In a few years I think Live will take over the basketball gaming market. They seem like they hit the ground running with next-gen.

Chelsea FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 03:22 AM   #22
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
I believe customization can also help EA, along with focusing on straight up B-ball and checking the fans know what 2K is doing wrong.

In terms of customization, EA has the power to blow everyone away in this age of tech.

If EA applied:

-Gameface
-"Live Share" (NBA Live version of 2K Share)
-Unlimited Uses on Gamefaces (basically, more than 1 Gameface CAP on a roster unlike Madden)
-TeamBuilder-like Create A Team/more in-depth create a team (Lettering, logo placement, create an arena)
-Edit Team Info (colors, logos, jerseys, court colors, etc.)

I believe 2K will have to watch out, cause I know that if EA applied this and the game actually plays pretty good, then all of the roster makers will migrate to Live because of the endless possibilities of the rosters. From real rookies the next year, accurate, complete, fantastic historical rosters, anything.

Since these are blu-ray disks we're talking here, 25GB of something that has to be quality and if 2K can create 4 GB of quality in current Gen, than EA has to be able to do next gen well (especially the fact that the last live game on current gen was pretty darn good)

Last edited by MarvinOida; 07-28-2013 at 03:26 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:33 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida

Since these are blu-ray disks we're talking here, 25GB of something that has to be quality and if 2K can create 4 GB of quality in current Gen, than EA has to be able to do next gen well (especially the fact that the last live game on current gen was pretty darn good)
9 gb. They use dual layer dvd's, but it's still a good point. The only issue is trying to utilize it all in one dev cycle.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #24
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
To me, Live is way more focused than 2k is. All of Lives early info had been about gameplay and how they have improved it from their last game. 2ks early info has been about 14 Euroleague teams that's are only available in Play Now and QM, and more sideline celebrations .

Maybe I'm looking to far into this, but 2k doesn't seem to be putting too much focus into gameplay improvements. Live on the other hand, is on the right track. Only time will tell though.

I'm not biased toward either game, but I really hope Live shuts up all of the hate and 2k fanboys.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »