Home

What does Live 14 need to do to compete with 2K?

This is a discussion on What does Live 14 need to do to compete with 2K? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #33
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What does Live 14 need to do to compete with 2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David129
But Not Having a Franchise Mode or CCM Will this Hurt Live?
Where did you hear they won't have a franchise mode?
Old 08-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Honestly I don't think 2k 14 next gen is going to be that much different gameplay wise because we have to consider all the platforms 2k is coming out on. I think Live 14 is going to be the better next gen nba game because they're only focused on next gen and if they really have no canned animations, in my opinion EA is off to a better start but we will see.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #35
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
Honestly I don't think 2k 14 next gen is going to be that much different gameplay wise because we have to consider all the platforms 2k is coming out on. I think Live 14 is going to be the better next gen nba game because they're only focused on next gen and if they really have no canned animations, in my opinion EA is off to a better start but we will see.
2k can also afford to put it out on more systems unlike Live
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #36
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
If we judge by the current generation, Live seemed to take advantage of a new generation when it comes to graphics/lighting etc. Live was slower to adapt to a new gen when it comes to gameplay, though. They always had gameplay features that seemed to 'enjoy' the power of the new tech, but it didn't make the game realistic, authentic or deep, especially early on.

2K (if we're even allowed to mention this word here), while (maybe) porting their game to the new gen (porting or not - not starting a discussion about it - and definitely NOT here), used the new tech to power their game to play more realistically, and to be deeper.

Now, if you ask me which company took more advantage of the new generation power, I could have said Live - based on what their intention was and how much they promoted it. But you need to differentiate a next-gen 'tech'ish game from a good/realistic/deep basketball game. Those are 2 different things. It's not a 2K vs EA post, I'm just saying that, in my opinion, EA was all over the new generation, but it took them a long time to actually use it to create a good/realistic/deep basketball experience.

What's going to happen this generation? I'm not going to guess, I'll just wait and see. Either way, it's great to have 2 games again. And I sure hope another company will create a 3rd game. I can add just that EA didn't release a game in 3 years, so you can't really measure the difference from their last game (10). It's just not fair, in my opinion. Unless...10 is still better than anything they have created so far. We'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, that's how I see it. Anyone can share their view and argue.

PS: I'm not even sure I'm on topic anymore...

Last edited by youvalss; 08-06-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #37
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

What does Live need to do to compete with 2k? Its simple: make a product that forces users to play basketball and not a video game. Live has a perfect opportunity to snatch back the virtual basketball community. We're that community. Yeah casuals buy the bulk of the game but when someone is stuck deciding what game to get they come to places like OS for reviews.

Win the sim community back and they'll do more than just compete with 2k.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

My fave all around basketball game was Live '06. There were special attributes that a lot of players had and depending on the situation, you could activate certain abilities. It was a great system that should have evolved differently.
Also, they gave the option to create a custom playoff with fantasy draft. It was the one feature I have been missing the past few years. What my friends and I (4 total) would do was we each drafted 2 teams and had a mini-tourney. We literally stopped playing any other game for a year.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Nothing much, in my opinion.

All they have to do is create a Live Game which caters to both sim heads and casual gamers without there being ridiculous exploits and sub-par gameplay.

Don't really care about modes, but having a Franchise mode and Superstar mode that is somewhat realistic will definitely make this game something to look forward to.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #40
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallIsLife2
Nothing much, in my opinion.

All they have to do is create a Live Game which caters to both sim heads and casual gamers without there being ridiculous exploits and sub-par gameplay.

Don't really care about modes, but having a Franchise mode and Superstar mode that is somewhat realistic will definitely make this game something to look forward to.
"all they have to do". Not near as easy as that. Saying the competition has ridiculous exploits and sub par gameplay is not true.

Live needs to prove that it is a stable, balanced product that shows potential to develop.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »