Home

New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This Week

This is a discussion on New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This Week within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2013, 03:09 AM   #49
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
really live had sweat in their games before 2k..thats one thing that i always liked about their game was that you could see the sweat dripping down their face during timeouts huddles..trust me its in the game lol...i didn't use the line on purpose by the way
Explain to me how that's possible when both games didn't introduce sweat into the games until this current generation of consoles with their 2006 games, which came out on the same day. What, were you the UPS guy that brought in the case of Live copies from your truck to your GameStop before you brought in the 2K case? C'mon with this man.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:41 AM   #50
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
Because like I said they are carefully managing expectations. if they showed all their cards, and it got heavy negative press, sales would be heavily impacted and maybe cancelled. Like the last editions were. They want to be careful and manage people's expectations imo. this is the reason they keep bringing up the 3 yr plan bs.
I get that, but anything they do is going to get criticized until they release something is too good not too lol. Messed up, but it is what it is at this point. Video wise, I honestly believe that's why we only have ONE 1 minute trailer. But I don't believe that releasing a few screens would've set the game back at all. At this point I think we all knew no one was going to top 2k in graphics and people are going to nitpick pics anyway once they're released(case in point, the stuff people are finding wrong with everything 2k releases)
Old 10-31-2013, 03:53 AM   #51
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I get that, but anything they do is going to get criticized until they release something is too good not too lol. Messed up, but it is what it is at this point. Video wise, I honestly believe that's why we only have ONE 1 minute trailer. But I don't believe that releasing a few screens would've set the game back at all. At this point I think we all knew no one was going to top 2k in graphics and people are going to nitpick pics anyway once they're released(case in point, the stuff people are finding wrong with everything 2k releases)
This seems to imply more than is actually there. I fully believe that if Live had released something that was truly exceptional, folks would not be so critical. Now, they are in a position where they have to gain trust. And there will ALWAYS be people ready to nitpick EVERY game (go to the other forums and see) even if it all looks really good. But, the onus is on EA honestly. The paranoia needs to settle down a little bit. Play it cool. Don't oversell the game with phrases like "never before seen in a game before" and such. Just let the game speak for itself is all I say. I'm no marketing expert and they know what they are doing, so who am I to judge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 05:17 AM   #52
Rookie

I have been reading all of the comments on the new next gen stuff, I have been playing 2k since 2k10 and played live mainly before then and I see some of the points people that love 2k are trying to make. What I don't understand is how most of yall want EA sports to fail on live 14 so that 2k can keep taking yall money and handing yall bulls****. NBA 2k14 (CG) took a couple steps forward, only to take a bunch of steps back with crazy unrealistic ball bounces and worse ball rebounding ai than 13. I for one am a bball purist and most aspects of the game (movement, ball bounces, defensive rotations, and rebounding logic) alot of folks don't even acknowledge that 2k fails miserably at year after year. I still can't get over the fact that the highlighted feature in a Basketball Simulation for this gen was blocking.....and for next gen they are pushing for graphics. There are no gameplay improvements that are shown but yall are going bananas for it. If it played the same as current gen 2k would yall give them a pass? Not I, so with that I welcome Live if it will bring a different experience than we have ever seen, especially if they can get the rosters updates right as well as the stats and tendencies the future will look bright. If Ea Sports adding a lobby system like they had in the old live games that would make the online experience more enjoyable. I just hope the gameplay foundation is laid so 2k can step their game up cause I have been disappointed these past couple of years
Old 10-31-2013, 05:23 AM   #53
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
This seems to imply more than is actually there. I fully believe that if Live had released something that was truly exceptional, folks would not be so critical. Now, they are in a position where they have to gain trust. And there will ALWAYS be people ready to nitpick EVERY game (go to the other forums and see) even if it all looks really good. But, the onus is on EA honestly. The paranoia needs to settle down a little bit. Play it cool. Don't oversell the game with phrases like "never before seen in a game before" and such. Just let the game speak for itself is all I say. I'm no marketing expert and they know what they are doing, so who am I to judge.
Which is what I'm saying, no matter what they do the majority are going to dislike it anyway because of the past unless they created something that blew people away.
The problem now is, not only are they fighting a competitor, but a lot of the time it comes off like they're fighting themselves. They say one thing and it turns out nothing like they say Or they hype you up with false CG pre rendered things that makes people even more upset once they see it's nothing like that aesthetically and gameplay wise. I was anxious to see what they had at E3 and when they first had Kyrie show on the screen with his "digital" version mimicking his exact movements I was surprised because I wasn't expecting it to look that good and fluid. I wasn't shocked when I saw what it really looks like though because it's nothing new. I just wish they'd finally "figure it out" so we can have the highest quality products available though.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:29 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Which is what I'm saying, no matter what they do the majority are going to dislike it anyway because of the past unless they created something that blew people away.
The problem now is, not only are they fighting a competitor, but a lot of the time it comes off like they're fighting themselves. They say one thing and it turns out nothing like they say Or they hype you up with false CG pre rendered things that makes people even more upset once they see it's nothing like that aesthetically and gameplay wise. I was anxious to see what they had at E3 and when they first had Kyrie show on the screen with his "digital" version mimicking his exact movements I was surprised because I wasn't expecting it to look that good and fluid. I wasn't shocked when I saw what it really looks like though because it's nothing new. I just wish they'd finally "figure it out" so we can have the highest quality products available though.
2k does this every year why are you complaining if live does it too? Oh your stuck in 2k's mind trance lol
Old 10-31-2013, 05:49 AM   #55
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m0n3y
2k does this every year why are you complaining if live does it too? Oh your stuck in 2k's mind trance lol
Since you seem so ready to use this as a 2K slam thread, why don't you ask yourself - are you SURE Live will be any better. Forget 2K. Move on. You're not even supposed to bring up 2K as you're doing now. Stick to Live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 05:57 AM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Since you seem so ready to use this as a 2K slam thread, why don't you ask yourself - are you SURE Live will be any better. Forget 2K. Move on. You're not even supposed to bring up 2K as you're doing now. Stick to Live.
You got it all wrong bro. 2k has already infiltrated this thread and im just speaking facts. It's up to you to dig deep and admit what something really is. It just sucks that sim heads wont give live a chance but praise 2k when they give the same crap every year (inaccurate ratings & rosters to name 2), but I don't know if Live will be any better. I HOPE that it is better than it's past versions by building a solid GAMEPLAY foundation that will revolutionize basketball simulations and not rely on adding new game modes that take away from the main focus which is just basketball fundamentals, that stuff can come later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »