Home

New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This Week

This is a discussion on New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This Week within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-31-2013, 05:58 AM   #57
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m0n3y
2k does this every year why are you complaining if live does it too? Oh your stuck in 2k's mind trance lol
Sigh, so because I didn't say Live was the best thing since sliced bread I'm in a brand's trance? ok lol W.e makes you feel better, but just so you know I bought every Live there was even through the lean years.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:11 AM   #58
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m0n3y
You got it all wrong bro. 2k has already infiltrated this thread and im just speaking facts. It's up to you to dig deep and admit what something really is. It just sucks that sim heads wont give live a chance but praise 2k when they give the same crap every year (inaccurate ratings & rosters to name 2), but I don't know if Live will be any better. I HOPE that it is better than it's past versions by building a solid GAMEPLAY foundation that will revolutionize basketball simulations and not rely on adding new game modes that take away from the main focus which is just basketball fundamentals, that stuff can come later.
Your first post was cool. The one I quote was just flaming 2K. Right or wrong, I was just saying move on. That's all. As for Live, I'm saying folks WILL give it a chance. But they have to come correct and show that giving them a chance is warranted. Doesn't have to be perfect. But, evidently, more than what's been shown. There are MANY people willing to give Live the benefit of the doubt. But many of those people get ignored when they follow it up with slams at other products, or over-hyping aspects that clearly not up to expectations. Your above post talking about Live "revolutionizing" anything - that's a problem. Stop it. It won't do that and for folks to be expecting it to, or being told that it will when it clearly will not is not helping the matter. I'm not saying it can't. But that will take a WHILE. They have to get the basics first. Let them float before swimming. PLEASE.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 10-31-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:19 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 10
I feel like all EA sports game strive for "cartoon" graphics. Especially when compared to 2k and the show. I wonder if this choice has anything to do with the animations they use.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:28 AM   #60
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I feel like all EA sports game strive for "cartoon" graphics. Especially when compared to 2k and the show. I wonder if this choice has anything to do with the animations they use.
I don't agree. FIFA is a prime example. As for the animations, I figure these are design decisions based on many things that include more than looks.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:32 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 2
I could see LIVE surprising us. I enjoyed LIVE 10, and probably will not be disappointed with my low expectations. Have been thinking about getting both games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 0
Lets be honest graphics dont look next gen .. It looks good for current gen ... I would think these graphics could of been on the xbox 360 or ps3 ...
Old 10-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #63
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Not sure why people really act surprised or stunned. This has been Live's art direction since really the beginning of time.

I also wasn't expecting a huge leap in the graphical direction of this game. I honestly believe that their main focus was just putting out a game was functional and I can't fault them for that.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:47 AM   #64
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

It may not look the best but I think what's under the hood and the gameplay mechanics is what makes the real difference. I mean this is NBA Live and Monta Ellis' layup animation doesn't look awkward and Dwight Howard is actually looking at the ball and in a realistic place to block it. That's already a plus for NBA Live.

Graphics are just icing on the cake, if Live doesn't get graphics down this year they can always overhaul or improve next year. It's the first year of these systems, remember? Doesn't everyone remember how Live and 2k were pushing graphics when the Ps3 and XBOX 360 first came out and then a few years down the line the graphics either improved or changed substantially to accommodate for better gameplay (memory issue I'm assuming). Usually all that graphic stuff just takes up space and they end up lowering it, like how NBA Live had sweat.

We see here Andre Igoudala dunking on Deandre Jordan and we know it's not a canned animation, that again is an improvement for Live. I mean if they really get this foundation set and this game is as solid or more solid than NBA Live 10 then the future is looking better for Live than it ever has. This year isn't a year of thrills and trying to wow the consumer it's about putting out a playable and solid product.

I'm actually looking forward to trying this game, and seeing some gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »