Home

NBA Live 14 Videos: 5 on 5 Gameplay Footage

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Videos: 5 on 5 Gameplay Footage within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Videos: 5 on 5 Gameplay Footage

Lol damn it's official some cats will just take whatever they can get from these dudes. This game looks terrible, I think if they came out with this ya would be talking bout how it's not there yet but has promise lmao.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren_kendel
This is a great point and even though NBA 2K will always look better, looks aren't always everything. I plan to purchase both and am excited to just have 2 different basketball games to play with.

Plus, I remember back when NBA Live 10 was out, many were praising it for playing a great game. The graphics may be outdated in NBA Live 14, but if its gameplay is similar to Live 10, then it should be a great experience.

I still get a chuckle when a lot of the questions concern colors of uniforms, shoes, etc. Even if game companies were spot on with that type of stuff and the gameplay sucked, I would think these people would be upset as well.
Live 10 played a great game. That game was my favorite NBA basketball sim. They had Synergy DNA that updated all season and it was a lot of fun playing my buddies in that game.

Live 14 looks like an improved Live 10, so I'm naturally very excited about it.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #99
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren_kendel
This is a great point and even though NBA 2K will always look better, looks aren't always everything. I plan to purchase both and am excited to just have 2 different basketball games to play with.

Plus, I remember back when NBA Live 10 was out, many were praising it for playing a great game. The graphics may be outdated in NBA Live 14, but if its gameplay is similar to Live 10, then it should be a great experience.

I still get a chuckle when a lot of the questions concern colors of uniforms, shoes, etc. Even if game companies were spot on with that type of stuff and the gameplay sucked, I would think these people would be upset as well.
Yo man, there was ZERO contact in the paint and on that Kyrie drive NO HELP DEFENSE!! The Ref thought it was Soul Train and players look like mindless drones when they stand around. I put $60 down on Live, so I was obviously looking forward to a decent game. But from what I saw, I'd rather give that money to charity than to EA Sports for this effort.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #100
Just started!

Imo there is no way to excuse this type of graphics on a next gen console, some of you while you have your opinion have to see that plain day this is horrible....this could have been released on 360 and ps3 for no more than $30.00. Then i could see it as a foot in the door. Good Job Ea....please give it a rest
Old 11-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #101
Rookie

I think it looks very good (relative to expectations). Obviously not as good as 2k, obviously not perfect, but it is definitely a workable game.

Although, I think it is a bit ironic how EA had been hammering BouceTek as the main selling point, and subsequently doesn't really showcase it at all in the game play. I was hoping to see some BounceTek against a computer defender. Maybe an example of how it can be used to actually break down a defender...?

Hard to judge these games on videos of others playing. The proof will be in the pudding. I'll play them both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #102
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

I hope they didn't remove the sliders in the game options cause first thing I'm going to do is speed it up and add some damn fouls to the game!
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Old 11-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #103
Pro

OVR: 8
What happened to Waiters around the 7:31 mark?? Did he just give up?
Old 11-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #104
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA LIVE 14 5 ON 5 IN GAME FOOTAGE!

Watched the second video for 2 minutes and couldn't take it. It moves EXACTLY like an old game from 2005. What's with the movement and animations? Where is all the new technology?

Was expecting much more. It's almost like Live 07 all over again. Call me ***** as much as you want, it was bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »