Home

NBA Live 14 Videos: 5 on 5 Gameplay Footage

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Videos: 5 on 5 Gameplay Footage within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #105
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Watched the second video for 2 minutes and couldn't take it. It moves EXACTLY like an old game from 2005. What's with the movement and animations? Where is all the new technology?

Was expecting much more. It's almost like Live 07 all over again. Call me ***** as much as you want, it was bad.
Thank you!!!! At least someone seems to have a brain in this thread....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Videos: 5 on 5 Gameplay Footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
It looks as advertised honestly. Anyone expecting a ground breaking game had the wrong expectations. EA even said themselves they were working to make a base that would translate to future iterations.

Does it look great? Well no, not particularly. However I can see the base foundation and it looks much improved to me and has me remaining optimistic, especially in comparison to anything post Live 10...
You misspelled Hell...
Old 11-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #107
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
I think it looks very good (relative to expectations). Obviously not as good as 2k, obviously not perfect, but it is definitely a workable game.

Although, I think it is a bit ironic how EA had been hammering BouceTek as the main selling point, and subsequently doesn't really showcase it at all in the game play. I was hoping to see some BounceTek against a computer defender. Maybe an example of how it can be used to actually break down a defender...?

Hard to judge these games on videos of others playing. The proof will be in the pudding. I'll play them both.
Nothing wrong with playing them both, but you would be a fool to lay out the same investment... Seriously, if 2k goes for $60 then live is worth about $25 - $30 tops.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #108
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

For the people that are up in arms regarding the graphics, there is a simple solution...DONT BUY IT.

I also wonder if people that are THIS critical of a game that their not going to buy, are this critical of a game that they do purchase?

Again if you were expecting anything more than what you see here, then your expectations were waaaaaaay off.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #109
Rookie

http://www.twitch.tv/elmaliante1

Guy streaming Knicks-Pacers (Playoff presentation) on Twitch right now.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #110
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
For the people that are up in arms regarding the graphics, there is a simple solution...DONT BUY IT.

I also wonder if people that are THIS critical of a game that their not going to buy, are this critical of a game that they do purchase?

Again if you were expecting anything more than what you see here, then your expectations were waaaaaaay off.
To me it's not about expectations, it's about them putting out a respectable next gen product and this definitely aint it. Come on man be serious this looks bad and it's not just because of the graphics.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #111
Rookie

I'm stumped as to how people say they saw good spacing in this. Are you serious?

And we are going down the "3 years development is necessary. Work in progress" rabbit hole again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #112
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
Nothing wrong with playing them both, but you would be a fool to lay out the same investment... Seriously, if 2k goes for $60 then live is worth about $25 - $30 tops.
I see where you're coming from, but I'm not sure I agree. Yes, 2k looks amazing. Won't argue that. And if that is the dominant selling point, I also agree that Live is worth a fraction of the purchase price of 2k. But, I would rather have a game that looks like Live if it plays better and has more staying power than 2k.

As a consumer, I'm tired of the 2k cycle I personally experience every year. My (and probably some others') response to 2k is approximately this... Day 1: this is SO AWESOME!!! I've been so hyped for months!!! It looks so great!!! So much better than 2k(last year)!!! I love playing with the new rookies!! Day 30: *&#^, the cheese is still in!! When will they update xxx and yyy!?! Game feature zzz is broken and doesn't work (after spending hours in that game mode). Online is broken!! By that point I find the game to be more frustrating than enjoying. I'm just ready for something new. That's just me... I understand others will probably differ.

BUT, Live might be a decent enough game to break that routine. Fingers crossed. I'll put 60 bucks on Live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »