Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #89
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
And people wonder why HipHopGamer all of a sudden flipped on the NBA Live team when he saw what the game really looked like. This guy was one of NBA Live's biggest supporters, but when he saw their true effort he gave up on them. When I saw his video criticizing their work and praising the other games developers then I knew something was up. There is literally no excuse for a game to look like this on next gen unless it is for free on PSN/XBLA. We must stop making excuses for them, and continue to pound them with harsh criticism until they finally get it.
100 percent agree with you. They deserve all the negative criticism thrown at them.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #90
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Dude, they have a new engine. The IGNITE Engine.
Idk whether you're being dsarcastic or not, but the ignite engine isn't it's own stand alone engine. It just takes other technologies and combines them.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #91
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
I am. Day one purchase for me.

I'm just happy to be able to play a basketball game that isn't 2K at this point. I'm sure I can have some strategic, sim match-ups with some people online, so I'll be happy.
You mean you haven't bought it already?! Such a huge fanboy like yourself should have had it already. Hell, if I have it, no way you shouldn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #92
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
Idk whether you're being dsarcastic or not, but the ignite engine isn't it's own stand alone engine. It just takes other technologies and combines them.
I'll let you figure out if I'm being sarcastic. Is not an engine a collection of systems and technology? Has EA not been marketed it as a new shared foundation for which they are building their next gen sports games on? If this isn't an engine, then what is? How do you know when it's been redone? And don't say, "you'll just know". How do you even know if a "new engine" would address the issues people have? How do you know that this isn't already using a new engine?

Engine, engine. That word needs to die.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 11-17-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #93
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I'll let you figure put if I'm being sarcastic. Is not an engine a collection of systems and technology? Has EA not been marketed it as a new shared foundation for which they are building their next gen sports games on? If this isn't an engine, then what is? How do you know when it's been redone? And don't say, "you'll just know". How do you even know if a "new engine" would address the issues people have? How do you know that this isn't already using a new engine?

Nah, people need to learn what an engine actually is or just not even try to talk about it.

Also, I'd be interested to hear people's definition of spacing. Cause some of these comments about "great spacing" and the spacing being a positive for the game raises an eyebrow for me.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #94
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Nah, people need to learn what an engine actually is or just not even try to talk about it.

Also, I'd be interested to hear people's definition of spacing. Cause some of these comments about "great spacing" and the spacing being a positive for the game raises an eyebrow for me.
I think most of those comments are just parroting dudes that see a wide open lane and think that's good spacing.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #95
MVP

OVR: 9

The spacing is good. Players go to the right spots on the floor and don't crowd each other.

I only bring up 2K in this regard as a comparison. If you watch the 2K CPU vs. CPU videos that Sports Gaming Universe posted, you will see many possessions where the spacing is not so good. Players crowd each other, they run to inappropriate spots on the floor, they get in each other's way, they move without purpose, etc. Whereas in Live, they stay out of each other's way and generally fill out the floor properly.

Right now it's a bit bare-bones but I expect to see more motion once DNA is implemented, for off-ball tendencies such as "Cut To Basket" and so on. But as of right now Live 14 clearly has the more fundamentally sound spacing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #96
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

Quote:
I'll let you figure out if I'm being sarcastic. Is not an engine a collection of systems and technology? Has EA not been marketed it as a new shared foundation for which they are building their next gen sports games on? If this isn't an engine, then what is? How do you know when it's been redone? And don't say, "you'll just know". How do you even know if a "new engine" would address the issues people have? How do you know that this isn't already using a new engine?

Why are you pushing me into a corner like I'm defending them? I think they're a joke as a company. I have no respect for them whatsoever. They feed us lies time and time again. I'm just saying what I believe may help them produce a better product, and they're not going to do that by sticking with the in game engine they have now. I just think you're very very very confused with what the Ignite Engine truly is..... The in game "Engine" NBA Live has for their graphics, animation system and core game play mechanics is completely different from Madden 25 and Fifa 14 from what I can see. I realize that EA Sports stated how the Ignite Engine is supposed to help them share technologies with animations and what not. Although, NBA Live 14 just doesn't look like it's sharing a single thing from any of the other titles is all. Don't be a sarcastic little prick to someone when they're only pointing out what they believe will do something to push the product forward. You must have a hard time getting along with people huh there chief? XD

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »