Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #73
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
After playing this all of yesterday, wanting to give it a fair shake:

I love the presentation...the overlays, halftime show, all of it is just great...I kind've understand why people want licensed presentation now, really draws you in..

I'm generally disappointed with everything else..

No amount of car paint metaphors can justify the fact that the game looks and animates like a last gen game...part of the gaming experience is the visuals...just like I mentioned with the presentation drawing me in, all the other visuals push me away..

It's not a situation where the game just lacks visual polish either. The movement and control is supposed to be the staple of this series and the game is lacking there...everything is incredibly sluggish and clunky...I feel like there's no real sense of speed, and the game doesn't reflect the athleticism of the NBA game. It's cool that the A.I plays at a slow pace...but this is he case with every team...I think this is what the misguided reviewer meant "every one plays like the Spurs" of course he was wrong, but I think he meant the slow place of the early 00 teams..

Anyway, This game is a foundation in the sense that EA released a NBA game...but other than that, it's just not a very good game...well see what NBA LIVE 15 brings...
i can't see them making 15. People are most likely returing this game to Lamestop already...
Old 11-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

If Scott O. Gallagher comes back on these boards I would like to ask him if the funding and support from the EA execs were limited for this game. Was this game an attempt as a money grab? You cannot tell me that this game is a solid base when a game made four years ago(NBA Live 10) played a much better game then this. Live 10 had better control, hustle plays, emotion, better crowd interaction, better commentary with Marv Albert and Steve Kerr, and better player models in my opinion. With this game not selling enough copies, this may be are final time seeing the NBA live franchise.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #75
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
If Scott O. Gallagher comes back on these boards I would like to ask him if the funding and support from the EA execs were limited for this game. Was this game an attempt as a money grab? You cannot tell me that this game is a solid base when a game made four years ago(NBA Live 10) played a much better game then this. Live 10 had better control, hustle plays, emotion, better crowd interaction, better commentary with Marv Albert and Steve Kerr, and better player models in my opinion. With this game not selling enough copies, this may be are final time seeing the NBA live franchise.
Don't even waste the keystrokes man. Even if he could answer that, he wouldn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #76
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Don't even waste the keystrokes man. Even if he could answer that, he wouldn't.
This is true. And folks REALLY need to remember my warning from before - this is a NEW team. There was no "pedigree" on that team. The EAC studio team was dismantled. The team had just been constructed less this 2 years ago. OG's knowledge and passion I never questioned. The team and STUDIO for that matter is the entity I questioned. And from what I'm seeing, those concerns were warranted in my opinion.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
To people who have the game - How do you shoot a floater?
You press L1 (LT) and square (x) while driving to hoop
Old 11-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #78
Rookie

I played this with an open mind and ended up having some fun after learning controls, quick plays, and how to run pick and roll. There is a learning curve coming from 2k with no shot stick.

What I liked:
1) The a.i seems pretty realistic especially when i turned up the difficulty (cpu iso'd melo, ran pnr's with cp3 and BG, a lot cuts and screens for chicago).
2) The presentation looks good as far as the ESPN look 3) The spacing is very good actually.
3) Once watching Scott OG's stream where explained dribble moves, I really had fun breaking down some guys off the dribble especially with the sig moves.
4) The sim elements of the game are impressive to me. The half court game is emphasized. You have to call plays to score and get some movement. Its a little refreshing coming from 2k with its many fastbreak lebron spindunking cheesers.

What I disliked: 1) First and foremost, The animations need plenty of work. They are sluggish when trying to explode to the hoop. I seen some quirky shot animations when trying to shoot off the dribble. They seem to be lacking some animations dealing with contact when driving to rim because hardly any fouls get called in a game. Although when turning fouls all the way up its slightly better.
2) Graphically in replay mode zoomed in, the players don't look TOO bad. But in 5 on 5, I can hardly tell the difference from Live 10. Graphics don't bug me but not $60 when 2k looks so amazing.
3) The players feel so sluggish sometimes. They aren't a lot of fastbreaks, probably around 3 or 4 combined in an entire game when I played.

Sorry for the long post.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #79
Rookie

OH WAIT and one more huge dislike. THE COMMENTARY... JVG is fine but Breen's play by play on seemingly every little play reminds me of live 2006 on ps2 lol "passes to shumpert, back to felton" etc. You never get the feel of real color commentary and conversations about players are very general and not specific. Even when they go on a tangent about a player the conversation never goes very far. It makes me feel like that the two were probably not recording together often. One very annoying thing to me was when I hit a game winner neither of the two reacted or even said anything at all
Old 11-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidfromqueens
Sorry for the long post.
Why sorry? These are the kind of posts I am looking forward to read: constructive criticism without fanboyism, thanks for the impresions dude... ;-)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »