Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #473
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
I love nba inside drive series: -), i'm an old basket games player: but in your opinion why nba live 14 review is so bad? On the metacritic site there is some tremendous review (ps: i love nba live 10)
I'm not sure. I hated the demo, and the demo gameplay mirrored the early retail version without updates in my opinion.

When I redownloaded the demo a few weeks later, the game had improved just from updates.

I'll admit that the original game prior to Synergy being in full swing, was rough. There are very few things that I would change about the full version, mainly cosmetic.

But read through the impressions thread, apparently the game isn't for everyone. Wish I could make a decision for you. I love Inside Drive, I love NBA Live 14. It's not perfect, but it is very close to what I'm wanting (an updated NBA Inside Drive).
Old 12-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #474
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
And you confirm the bad review with the patch?
Yes, both the 1.01 and 1.02 patches were already installed before I even took my first dribble in NBA Live 14.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #475
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
As for which one you should get it's totally up to you but I will say this

I started on PS4 with 2k which played fine for me no issues. On Nov 22nd i sold/swapped for the Xbone with 2K & purchased Live. After giving the Xbone a good amount of time I made the decision to make a choice between the 2 consoles. I decided to ride with the PS4. So I sold the Xbone and repurchased the PS4 3 days ago from GameStop. Out of all the games that I played when I went to Best Buy to repurchase/trade the games that I didn't sell with the system the first game I got was Live 14 for the PS4. I got others but the one game I wanted more than any other was Live 14. I'm a basic guy and flash and bells and whistles are fine and all but I rather have fundamentals and this has it IMO. Others will disagree and I respect what they like/look for in a game

Play the demo and learn the controls and make a choice on what you feel not if others think it's Bad/Good. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone
thanks, i give a chanche to this game, i download the demo soon and i try this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #476
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Yes, both the 1.01 and 1.02 patches were already installed before I even took my first dribble in NBA Live 14.
I read the review, but the graphic is really too bad? I read on the web that EA release a patch with new graphic and fixed gameplay but is not yet release?
Old 12-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #477
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
I read on the web that EA release a patch with new graphic and fixed gameplay but is not yet release?
Ultimately, that is EA's plan.

But so far, the only updates since release day have been the Synergy roster updates.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #478
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
i up my question

just to answer your question from a different perspective...

1) Not so much from the AI, that seems to have even tweaked...the biggest issue is from the human player/ human player vs human player perspective..."turbo-ing" and dunking is a pretty viable strategy on any difficulty level and pretty hard to combat...

2) It's been stated that they will patch the game eventually

3) I'm actually used to it at this point...the animations are pretty awful all around and there's a severe lack of signature style but I actually do like the vibrant color of the game...It's something I liked about Live 10...guess that's just me though...
Old 12-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #479
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Not just you, I like the vibrant style as well. I don't like the difference between the uniform colors and accessory colors though. Seems like the accessories are a tad too overdone.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #480
Rookie

Are anybody else experiencing that the CPU is defender is overplaying on one side? And they overplay it to the middle, not the baseline. Happening way to much. Hope they'll adjust that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »