Home

NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #73
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
he pretty much says what ive thought about it. the game does a lot right and has potential but it has a long way to go.
yet, same dude says 3 weeks earlier "day1 purchase" you don't see a problem with that statement?
Old 11-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #74
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Richard Grisham gave NBA Live 14 a 2.5 out of 5 ("Mediocre") in his review:

http://www.gamesradar.com/nba-live-14-review/

So wait. When he had the podcast where he was playing the game and he was with the Live Devs, he said none of this. And he sounded very pleased with what he was playing.

The game couldn't have changed since then and now.

This is why I'm sick and tired of people just sheepishly playing Yes men and smiling in these guys faces just like the Bleacher Report reviewer.

If the game looks and plays like trash, TELL THEM. No one was allowed to see the game except for a select few and those who did were just happy for the ride.

You actually do them and the community a disservice by not saying anything or acting like it's all good.

Then when the game drops, you give it a low score?

What part of the game is that?
Old 11-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #75
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush

So wait. When he had the podcast where he was playing the game and he was with the Live Devs, he said none of this. And he sounded very pleased with what he was playing.

This is why I'm sick and tired of people just sheepishly playing Yes men and smiling in these guys faces just like the Bleacher Report reviewer.

If the game looks and plays like trash, TELL THEM. No one was allowed to see the game except for a select few and those who did were just happy for the ride.

You actually do them and the community a disservice by not saying anything or acting like it's all good.

did you listen to the same podcast as me? throughout the whole thing he said there are a ton of rough edges but theres something there. lets also remember that that was a single time playing the game and the review was based on more time playing the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
That graphic was misleading then. I thought it was 100% operation sports. Pays to read fine print I guess. I wonder what that games rader dude thinks now? Does he still like the game as much as he did a few weeks ago?

EDIT: I found his review. Review makes no sense, he talked about it's problems, but it didn't seem like a 2 out of 5 review. Either way, someone explain to me how a "day1 purchase = a 2 out of 5"
http://www.gamesradar.com/nba-live-14-review/
EA marketing misleading? No way!!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #77
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
EA marketing misleading? No way!!
how was it misleading?
Old 11-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #78
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:

Yep. I fell for the podcast too. I should have put up the red flag when i was "ONLY AUDIO". The enitire 90 minutes was nothing but compliments to the game. Nothing negative. Now he reviews it for real and gives it a 2 out of 5. Arrgh. It's a learning experience. But I feel completely cheated out of 60 bucks.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #79
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
did you listen to the same podcast as me? throughout the whole thing he said there are a ton of rough edges but theres something there. lets also remember that that was a single time playing the game and the review was based on more time playing the game.
You said "lots of rough edges?" That's not the podcast I heard. He praised for the most part.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

I disagree. The podcast was very vague and he asked questions that the community had for the developers. It was not an impressions article or podcast. The podcast was meant to promote the game.

There's nothing wrong with that. If someone buys the game, then its on them, cause the writing was all the wall.

There are numerous games, where companies build better preview builds than the actual builds just to get a good write up. at least they showed what they really had. Not to mention, the devs know how to hide their weakness. I mean, everyone seen how OG plays, when it plays, it mimic sim cause he knows how to hide the more obvious weaknesses

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »