Home

Gameplay Designer Scott O’Gallagher Leaving EA Sports For 2K Sports?

This is a discussion on Gameplay Designer Scott O’Gallagher Leaving EA Sports For 2K Sports? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #49
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Gameplay Designer Scott O’Gallagher Leaving EA Sports For 2K Sports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
I think we can all agree that Live 15 will be a better game than 14. With the improved graphics and the promises of over 500+ gameplay tweaks. There is no way Live 15 can be worse than 14. It would be virtually impossible to take a step backward at this point.

elite 11 was worse than live 10, something to consider.. but I get your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 07-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #50
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

So is he officially with 2k or not?
Old 07-02-2014, 12:12 PM   #51
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
So is he officially with 2k or not?
he is! i know he ruubed some ppl the wrong way, but this can't t be good for ea at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #52
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

You all saying this can't be good for EA at all.... what is that based on? Have you all been involved in the production of the game? Do you know what is going on behind the scenes? I'm guessing no. This could be wonderful for the Live team for all we know. A basketball mind is one thing, how it translates to the video game world could be another. Mike Wang wasn't a professional basketball player. Does that mean that he isn't good at his position? On the same token, OG was a professional player, does that automatically make him good at his position?

How about before anyone jumps to any conclusions, we wait and see how the product starts shaking up. If he's truly gone from EA, I think we at least owe it to the guys who are on the team to see what they do. For all we know, they could have Mike Wang Part 2 on the team, someone without professional playing experience, but knows the game and knows how to make it happen in game.

Just my 2 cents.

Also, this is not a knock on OG at all. Dude seems like a class act, and wish him all the best if he's gone from EA and Live. But the unknown is how this effects anything. Could be good, could be bad, could be indifferent.

Last edited by WTF; 07-02-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #53

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
You all saying this can't be good for EA at all.... what is that based on? Have you all been involved in the production of the game? Do you know what is going on behind the scenes? I'm guessing no. This could be wonderful for the Live team for all we know. A basketball mind is one thing, how it translates to the video game world could be another. Mike Wang wasn't a professional basketball player. Does that mean that he isn't good at his position? On the same token, OG was a professional player, does that automatically make him good at his position?

How about before anyone jumps to any conclusions, we wait and see how the product starts shaking up. If he's truly gone from EA, I think we at least owe it to the guys who are on the team to see what they do. For all we know, they could have Mike Wang Part 2 on the team, someone without professional playing experience, but knows the game and knows how to make it happen in game.

Just my 2 cents.

Also, this is not a knock on OG at all. Dude seems like a class act, and wish him all the best if he's gone from EA and Live. But the unknown is how this effects anything. Could be good, could be bad, could be indifferent.
Couldnt agree more and just wanna add to your comment, not to disrespect OG but what has he even done in this industry for people to say this cant be good ? The guy has a little over a year of experience developing a AAA basketball title.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 0

Why does his Twitter bio say he's still with EA? I would think a company like EA would have non-compete clauses in their employee contracts that prohibit them from leaving to immediately work for a competitor.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #55
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

For all we Know EA could've pulled a Jason Kidd on him
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 01:16 AM   #56
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

OVR: 16

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »