Home

NBA Live 15: Podcast Interview with Sean O' Brien

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15: Podcast Interview with Sean O' Brien within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 10:49 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 15: Podcast Interview with Sean O' Brien

Very sad to hear No Editing Options. HOPING Live is still around in for Next Year release, since editing was mentioned with it. Just makes NO Sense. Hope Live 15 sells well, so Editing options will be back for Live 16.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 12:01 AM   #42
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Thanks Haval93 for the summary, much appreciated.

So Sean gives a shout out to WTF for having a pic with Lebron in a Cavs uniform with his number 23 which I remember his saying it was a tedious thing to do but then LIVE 15 isn't going to have customization option again? Because "technology isn't there"? I believe Fernando (who works on Live's rosters) said when asked about customized rosters being in Live 15 that there were no plans to have those, so not being in their plans is the same as not having the technology to do so? That's a bad excuse and if it wasn't one then they haven't listened to a vocal part of the community who have asked for it since they knew 14 didn't have it.

With all Live's ommisions (no customization nor sliders, no in-game injuries, no improvements in game modes, no EASBA) this doesn't simply have to have good gameplay, it has to be great gameplaywise because to have simply a good game there's already a good to great game (depending to who you ask) which already has a complete package.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:13 AM   #43
Pro

Haval93's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Thanks Haval93 for the summary, much appreciated.

So Sean gives a shout out to WTF for having a pic with Lebron in a Cavs uniform with his number 23 which I remember his saying it was a tedious thing to do but then LIVE 15 isn't going to have customization option again? Because "technology isn't there"? I believe Fernando (who works on Live's rosters) said when asked about customized rosters being in Live 15 that there were no plans to have those, so not being in their plans is the same as not having the technology to do so? That's a bad excuse and if it wasn't one then they haven't listened to a vocal part of the community who have asked for it since they knew 14 didn't have it.

With all Live's ommisions (no customization nor sliders, no in-game injuries, no improvements in game modes, no EASBA) this doesn't simply have to have good gameplay, it has to be great gameplaywise because to have simply a good game there's already a good to great game (depending to who you ask) which already has a complete package.
Jon was the one who brought up the member of OS(WTF) who went through the tedious process of trading Lebron until he reached number 23 on the Cavs. As everybody keeps talking about rosters, sliders, and other stuff, he addresses this question starting at 29:30 minute mark. From there, he talks about what I quoted.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:23 AM   #44
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
Jon was the one who brought up the member of OS(WTF) who went through the tedious process of trading Lebron until he reached number 23 on the Cavs. As everybody keeps talking about rosters, sliders, and other stuff, he addresses this question starting at 29:30 minute mark. From there, he talks about what I quoted.

Oh thanks, I stand corrected but my point still's the same, we should be having options in this times of sports gaming.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:46 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0
after listening to this podcast its sounding like the game to "look forward to" is live16. seems like they are with holding a lot and focusing purely on gameplay in live15. i do want to see how the demo is though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 12:50 AM   #46
Pro

Haval93's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Oh thanks, I stand corrected but my point still's the same, we should be having options in this times of sports gaming.
No doubt, I agree . These are options we should have by now. Hopefully all these sacrifices for game play really pay off in Live 15 because if game play is not solid, then it will be another sad year and possibly the end of the series. I doubt EA want scores of 4 and 5s like last year.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:01 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
With this news I'll be skipping this years version. I'll play the demo or free trial or whatever just to see the improvements but EA won't get my money. I will say I'm glad that they're not trying to blow smoke about the game and fool customers into buying a half baked product. At least they're honest about the game and their plans.
my sediments exactly. however, if they released the game at a lower price point like $20 i would def buy it. the game that is gonna be something to look forward to is live16 from what the podcast told
Old 08-14-2014, 02:27 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
Woah wait a minute did I just read that right?

They all have different devs that work on all those games

That was the lamest excuse I've ever heard

I don't buy nothing u just said
my point is....live doesnt drop till after all 3 of those titles I just mention. They usually don't show off any raw footage till after madden been released....EA doesn't want NBA buzz to interfere with the madden hype...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »