Home

No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo

This is a discussion on No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-15-2014, 12:04 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrancato157
That literally makes no sense. 2k showed 5 on 5 gameplay weeks in advance of release. 2k doesn't release demos because they have an established pedigree, not because they'd be "exposed". Exposed by what exactly? Every review has praised it's gameplay, while knocking its horrible servers. Live has shown no real gameplay footage, it's now a week past schedule release and 2 weeks before launch and we've seen nothing. I want Live to be good, quite frankly I'm tired ok 2k server issues and I know I can count on EA for having atleast reliable servers
We saw leaked footage of 2k gameplay. As for live, or any other company, they do need to give test runs on their games. Be it early or not. I do believe we who want live to succeed have been patient, as the days go by we would rather see something moving, manipulated by humans - not CGI. The detractors who act like other companies are giving them an incentive to bash one and love them regardless are nyst terrible (Chsrles Barkley). Grow up. Only in the context of argument, as far as holding one accountable, have at it. They must be crazy to think team ratings, and screen shots are enough to sell a game against a foe who has accomplished much success over a decade of time. Thinking that graphics make the game great, is Twickenham! Just plain old pigglypooo!

Lighten up everyone, we're all anxious to see it, those for it to praise and those against it to bash. Live is just putting themselves in a bag predicament. If it's great, it won't have the modes that 2k has, if it's OK it won't match 2k's gameplay, if it sucks, the demo would cost them lots of money.

However if they were an honest company, they'd release the demo, at a playable state, and ask for feedback. I don't understand why Sports games never give beta access like RPG games prior to release. So what if we see it. What's the point of keeping it secret, then join release it ducks anyway. That's just deception.

It'll be here soon, then let loose. Till then just chill.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:05 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
I doubt ill buy it anyways but there is zero chance. zero if I dont play it first. With that being said I did try the demo last year well for about 3 minutes and new I wasnt ever gonna like it. So I guess a demo can work both ways. it seems like if I knew my game was not very good I would not put out a demo and hope for the people who will just buy it. A demo seems pretty risky to me.
You felt that way about 2k15 having no demo? Just asking....
Old 10-15-2014, 12:12 AM   #75
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Bottom line is NBA Live 15 is less than two weeks away from release and we have not seen ANY gameplay videos at all. There is NO Demo date listed.....As much as I want Live 15 to be great...this seems a bit fishy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 12:40 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I don't care when it drops, as long as it drops so I can try the game. Last years demo saved me money, hopefully this year's will earn EA/Tiburon some money.
Exactly. I got it coming through GF. If it's decent I'll buy. I'm looking for a hoop game where I'm in control! I don't like what occurs on the screen to be left to chance.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:48 AM   #77
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
Exactly. I got it coming through GF. If it's decent I'll buy. I'm looking for a hoop game where I'm in control! I don't like what occurs on the screen to be left to chance.
My plan exactly. I've found that as long as you only have the game you really want in your Q, and you have no games out when it releases, they will actually ship it out the Monday before it arrives in stores. I've gotten FIFA 15 and 2k15 both from Gamefly within 2 days of release. I'm enjoying 2k, but I damn sure want to at least try Live. I thought the Hands-On by Gametrailers looked pretty good, and their opinions on the gameplay were very positive overall. I still haven't seen enough to convince me about the defense and collision animations, but the movement of the players looked surprisingly good, and the graphics were top notch too.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #78
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
Better hope the control and animations are better than last year then.....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 10-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #79
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Well.....next Tuesday is the lsat day they can release a demo on the PS4 before the game is released. So were really in the "4th quarter" here.

I have absolutely no problem skipping the purchase on release day and wait for a demo after release. Live no longer is blind purchase for me on day one. Research and thinking is being done before I buy. I do collect the series, so I will eventually pick it up (i bought a brand new copy of Live 14 just a month ago for $10).

Either way, no first day buyers urge here. I'm waiting this one out.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #80
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

At this point I hope they don't release a demo the way some people here are acting.

Sounding like scorned children.

Last I checked they aren't begging anyone to buy the game.

They said they'll release a demo and release it early. If they don't live up to that, by all means bash them because no one forced them to say that.

But the game doesn't get released for another 2 weeks. If a demo drops between now and then, it's gonna be this same nonsense going on in here.

On one side, "LIVE IS BACK! I told y'all!"
On the other side, "This isn't next gen! The other game has X, Y and Z!"

EA doesn't owe anyone anything. They've jerked the community around for years, so why is there this fuss like they once were cool with you and now they're not?

People can preorder a game without seeing it if they want. Why are some of you concerned with how the next man spends his money? All preorders can be cancelled.

EA trolling some of y'all heavy. For a game that's been garbage for half a decade, there sure is buzz about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »