Home

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-30-2014, 05:39 AM   #289
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Fan
What camera angle is this from? This is perfect!!!
EA broadcast! Most people seem to like ESPN broadcast but this cam is my favourite. Of course I don't know all the slight changes the ESPN cam has for each stadium in the retail version.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:54 AM   #290
Rookie

OVR: 3

A quick comparison of Live 14 and 15 I made. Nothing special.
http://youtu.be/0bWUpL-QtcI
(embedding doesnt seem to work for me)

as far as impressions go, I'm enjoying the game but obviously there are numerous hitches. I wish teams played a bit more like their real life counterparts, the other game spoiled me with how the CPU plays. Animations in the paint are really nice at times, but too many AND 1's for my liking. Dynasty Sim stats are still strange with a lot of players averaging between 20-28ppg.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:11 AM   #291
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Opening night rosters should be a priority for any sports game.

The EA roster guy is active on here...can he chime in and guarantee us rosters will be regularly updated?

I paid full price for LIVE 14 and got badly burnt. Remember this?

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...p-to-promises/
He answered this already in the roster thread. When I say the rosters aren't set, it's last minute stuff like guys who didn't make the 15 man rosters. Don't worry...the game isn't missing LeBron James.

You don't have the game yet, correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 08:10 AM   #292
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Live '14 with all the tweaks and Live '15 are about neck and neck for me right now to be completely honest.

I got over the "newness", graphics and crowd noise pretty quick because of the way the A.I is playing...which is the biggest thing for me...

I know there will be game play updates...and I hope they come sooner rather than later...but the fun factor has definitely died down...

Where this game does shine though is HUM vs HUM. I'd play online more if not for the wonky releases.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:14 AM   #293
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
He answered this already in the roster thread. When I say the rosters aren't set, it's last minute stuff like guys who didn't make the 15 man rosters. Don't worry...the game isn't missing LeBron James.

You don't have the game yet, correct?

Likely will have it within 24 hours.

Just watched Skillz vids and the cpu pick and roll is terrible..Yet in the DEMO I am playing the cpu is using the pick and roll and pick and pop really well. Kind of confusing.

WTF's vids are nice also...

Are you all on the same setting / level?
Old 10-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #294
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm playing on Superstar, which is giving me some really good results. A few examples of CPU movement:

This was CPU vs CPU

Quick, crisp movement

I love this one because of the quickness the screen comes from Dragic, to pull up off of the drive too.

I got quite a few from last night from the Quick play teams that I'll try to get from facebook (youtube wasn't working for me to upload) (which I wasn't even aware was in the game). It's basically the games that have already been played, I guess with updated Synergy? I'll try to check to see if those are the teams that have had a Synergy update based on the first game.

Superstar is giving me some really good results though. I have verified that plays can be and will be altered to give the teams the right style of play as well.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:47 AM   #295
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Also, someone asked about the Spurs, the ball movement is really well done on Superstar for them. They whipped me by 18 or 21 because they'd get a semi-wide open look from ball movement, I'd anticipate a shot so I'd jump to block, and they'd simply drive right past me. I'd collapse, they'd find another open man. It was mindless fun for them I'm sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 08:53 AM   #296
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

Superstar is giving me some really good results though. I have verified that plays can be and will be altered to give the teams the right style of play as well

That is excellent news. I am going to get the game tomorrow. The DEMO has won me over. I have had the CPU execute some great stuff on the demo.

I think people can be a bit harsh on LIVE. I just popped 2K in for a quick game and Pat Bonner was doing crossovers and Tim Duncan pump faking near the 3 point line. It is a great game, but people tend to just ignore it when a 2K game does that stuff.

I personally am finding 2K hard to play due to the rebounding issues, but also due to the fact I am playing FIFA 15 a lot. After you experience the physics in that game, it is hard to play an 'animations' based game as they don't feel organic at all / feel likes I am going through a set of pre set animations. So, even though LIVE is not even close to FIFA's level, its had a big impact on my upcoming purchase.

I really hope the LIVE team can reach 'FIFA level' one day as it is clearly light years ahead of anything we have for basketball at the moment in terms of physics and being organic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »